Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » A tool for Converting JPA entities to XML/JAXB ?
A tool for Converting JPA entities to XML/JAXB ? [message #641444] Thu, 25 November 2010 14:01 Go to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Hello,

i am working on MoDisco EMP-MDT subproject.

i have read the wiki pages you wrote about adding XML serialization to JPA entities (http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/MOXy/JPA).
Did you think about some tool which would do the work (automatically adding JAXB annotations and generating some needed DescriptorCustomizer classes) ? Do you know if there already exist such a tool and if there is a demand for that ?

Thanks in advance.
Since one of MoDisco goals is to propose to build code modernization chains, we think about "JPA-JAXB" as a demonstrative use case.

----------------------------------------------------
Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
Re: A tool for Converting JPA entities to XML/JAXB ? [message #642984 is a reply to message #641444] Fri, 03 December 2010 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blaise Doughan is currently offline Blaise DoughanFriend

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in responding. Eclipse Dali currently provides JPA tooling and is adding JAXB tooling, but I am not aware of a tool that auto adds JAXB mappings based on JPA mappings. However I believe this would be useful, and I have some thoughts on how it could be done.

We would be interested in learning more about MoDisco.

-Blaise

Blaise Doughan
Team Lead, EclipseLink JAXB & SDO
Re: A tool for Converting JPA entities to XML/JAXB ? [message #643324 is a reply to message #642984] Mon, 06 December 2010 14:06 Go to previous message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Thanks for your answer and your interest in this subject. Now, I will first have a look on what Eclipse Dali tooling covers.

If you are interested in learning more about MoDisco, we may propose some MoDisco web demo. I will send you some another message about that.

Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
Previous Topic:Subqueries using ExpressionBuilder
Next Topic:Union
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:22:23 GMT 2024