Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » [EMF/Ecore] Generated editor projects always break after metamodel modifications?
[EMF/Ecore] Generated editor projects always break after metamodel modifications? [message #640010] Thu, 18 November 2010 16:29
Glenview Jeff is currently offline Glenview JeffFriend
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but every time I modify my ecore metamodel using the sample hierarchical ecore editor, even doing something as simple as adding a new EClass, I get errors after re-generating (right-clicking on the genmodel file and selecting generate all.)

My generated src directory sometimes reports errors and almost always, the generated projects (.edit, .editor, .test) report errors.

The only way I know to fix this is to delete the generated projects, delete the generated src directory from the top-level project, delete the META-INF folder, and the plugin.xml file, then re-generate all. Sometimes I even have to delete and recreate the genmodel file in addition to the above.

There must be something obvious about the development workflow I'm missing here. I can't imagine EMF/ecore is really this brittle.

Thanks!
Jeff
Previous Topic:Howto make a bidirectional linking between two classes
Next Topic:accessing ecore model content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:35:28 GMT 2024