Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » FileDialog and setFilterPath - bug or feature?
FileDialog and setFilterPath - bug or feature? [message #639556] Tue, 16 November 2010 21:36 Go to next message
merry-v  is currently offline merry-v Friend
Hi All,

I posted this bug...
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=330407

but since I'm new to eclipse, and SWT, I wonder if I'm just making a dumb mistake.

I have a FileDialog, which is set to open in the same path every time by using setFilterPath().

But once the dialog is open, i navigate to a different path, and select a file there, then click "Open".
Now the future behaviour changes. Next time, the FileDialog opens up in the location of the last file selected, ignoring the path given by setFilterPath() which is called every time after creating the dialog but before I open the dialog.

I can see why this functionality would be useful *if* setFilterPath was not called, but when it is, it seems wrong to ignore it?

Does anyone know if that's a bug or a "feature"? Thanks in advance...

merry-v
Re: FileDialog and setFilterPath - bug or feature? [message #639914 is a reply to message #639556] Thu, 18 November 2010 12:02 Go to previous message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

This looks like a bug to me. setFilterPath() should set the initial directory path in the FileDialog. I don't have Windows7, but setFilterPath() works fine for me on Win XP (here is the snippet I tried Snippet72)

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Previous Topic:ScrolledComposite splits the screen vertically and content is displayed in the right half
Next Topic:Menu with Unity Desktop
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:34:16 GMT 2024