Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » ScrolledComposite splits the screen vertically and content is displayed in the right half
ScrolledComposite splits the screen vertically and content is displayed in the right half [message #639325] Tue, 16 November 2010 06:07 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi All,

I am using the ScrolledComposite for a existing control(with many children) based on the method2 mentioned here :http://www.placelab.org/toolkit/doc/javadoc/org/placelab/ut il/swt/SwtScrolledComposite.html

The only change is instead of creating a new shell & display I am using the existing control's parent. I am seeing the scroll bars as expected but the existing control/content is displayed form the centre & not from the start. The first half(vertically split) of the layout is empty & the actual control/content gets displayed in the right-half. I checked bounds, Origin, size etc. of both the content & scrolledComposite they seem to be fine.

screenshot putup here :http://img818.imageshack.us/i/contentstartsfrommiddle.jpg

Any clues

Thanks in advance
seshumyob

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2010 15:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ScrolledComposite splits the screen vertically and content is displayed in the right half [message #639696 is a reply to message #639325] Wed, 17 November 2010 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

Its hard to tell the exact problem without looking at the code. Please post a code snippet that shows the problem. From the screenshot I guess there is an empty composite in the first half.

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: ScrolledComposite splits the screen vertically and content is displayed in the right half [message #639852 is a reply to message #639696] Thu, 18 November 2010 06:05 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for your response. you are right. A closer at the code showed that an empty composite is getting added to the parent.

-Seshu
Previous Topic:Accessibility issue in a tableViewer
Next Topic:FileDialog and setFilterPath - bug or feature?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:27:31 GMT 2024