Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] ESE2010 Tutorial(Details regarding the tutorial "Creacting a language for Android Apps with Eclipse modeling")
[Acceleo] ESE2010 Tutorial [message #639286] Mon, 15 November 2010 22:16 Go to next message
Christophe Gregoire is currently offline Christophe GregoireFriend
Hello,

I followed the (very interesting) Xtext-Acceleo tutorial at the ESE 2010.

I am trying to reproduce the Acceleo part of the tutorial, but I am facing a lack of details in the slides regarding the launch of the Acceleo generation.

I tried to configure a new run configuration as described in the Acceleo doc, and pointing to the contact.android model (Xtext file). The problem is that Acceleo does not seem to be able to parse this file as it is not an xmi file.

What did I miss?
How can I launch an Acceleo generation based on a model edited using Xtext?

Thanks beforehand,

Christophe
Re: [Acceleo] ESE2010 Tutorial [message #639345 is a reply to message #639286] Tue, 16 November 2010 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi Christophe,

We can generate code on this file because xText has defined a ResourceFactory for this type of files.

You should launch an Eclipse runtime (with Acceleo and xText installed) with these projects:
org.eclipse.ese.android.dsl
org.eclipse.ese.android.dsl.ui
org.eclipse.ese.android.model

Then, launch a second Eclipse runtime from the first one (right click, Run As, Eclipse Application), this will deploy the xText editor for the .android files (which will provide everything needed for us to manipulate .android files as models) and then, have fun Smile

Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2010 08:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Acceleo] ESE2010 Tutorial [message #639377 is a reply to message #639345] Tue, 16 November 2010 10:18 Go to previous message
Christophe Gregoire is currently offline Christophe GregoireFriend
Thank you for this quick and clear answer
Previous Topic:How to run MWE2 workflow from my application
Next Topic:[Xpand] Template could not be found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:41:07 GMT 2024