Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » Code Recommenders
Code Recommenders [message #638280] Wed, 10 November 2010 16:57 Go to next message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
The Code Recommenders project proposal is now posted. Your comments are most welcome. Thanks.

http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/code-recommenders
Re: Code Recommenders [message #638703 is a reply to message #638280] Fri, 12 November 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Jeanmart is currently offline Maxime JeanmartFriend
Congratulations for this new proposal!

Marcel Bruch's talk on ESE 2010 was probably one of those I enjoyed the most. Now I have a few question about how this is going to start in the Eclipse ecosystem.

- What kind of community are you looking to build right now (and later)? Committers, testers, small or large scale users, constructive comments ?

- For the moment, are you already looking for technical comments or just about the project scope?

- Don't you want to create a complete forum dedicated to 'Code Recommenders' in the Proposals folder instead of a single thread in this forum?

- As is said in the proposal, security is one the issues in the data mining part of the project. Do you already have some policies suggestions? Maybe a place to discuss them?

Best regards,
Max
Re: Code Recommenders [message #638939 is a reply to message #638703] Sat, 13 November 2010 15:25 Go to previous message
Marcel Bruch is currently offline Marcel BruchFriend

Hi Max,

thanks a lot for your questions. I think each of them deserves its own thread. Thus, I created three new threads in the proposals forum.

To answer just the question whether there will be a separate forum/mailing-list for such kind of discussions. Probably yes. But I assume we will get one after a successful creation review. Until then simply put everything into this forum. I used a topic prefix "[CR]" to distinguish code recommender topics from other topics in this forum.

Thanks again and please find my answers to your questions in the newly created topics. I'm looking forward to your replies.

All the best,
Marcel
Previous Topic:[CR] What kind of Feedback do you wanna get NOW?
Next Topic:[CR] How about data privacy?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:59:21 GMT 2024