Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Some widgets don't show dashed border when focusd
Some widgets don't show dashed border when focusd [message #638234] Wed, 10 November 2010 15:25 Go to next message
Ryan is currently offline RyanFriend
Original question I posted in the SWT forum:

I've got a forms based editor, and when you tab to focus a check button, the dashed border is not drawn, so you have no indication that the button currently has focus. The same thing happens on expandable sections. The PDE editor has some checkbox buttons and when you tab to them, they show they are focused. How do I get that same behavior in my program?

Was told post here in the UA section.

A bit more information. I've got two machines, a dev machine and a test machine. On the dev machine, I saw this behavior where the focus control wasn't being drawn as focused, but they were being drawn properly in PDE editors like the manifest editor. On the test machine, my program showed the dashed borders. After a bit more testing, the borders stopped being drawn on my test machine. The only thing I had done was update to JRE 6u22. I downgraded to 6U21 on the test machine and the dashed borders were back. I've got 6u22 on my dev machine as well, but even with 6u22, the PDE editor still works. I'm kinda at a loss on this one.

Edit: I downgraded by dev machine to 6u21 and the focus borders work there was well now.

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2010 16:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some widgets don't show dashed border when focusd [message #638886 is a reply to message #638234] Fri, 12 November 2010 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Is this on Windows, Linux or both?
Re: Some widgets don't show dashed border when focusd [message #639568 is a reply to message #638886] Tue, 16 November 2010 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan is currently offline RyanFriend
The scenario I described is on XP. But on my test machine, I've installed/reinstalled 6u21 and 6u22, and now with 6u22, it seems to work. I'm really at a loss as to what causes it to not work.
Re: Some widgets don't show dashed border when focusd [message #640068 is a reply to message #639568] Thu, 18 November 2010 22:04 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
I can't see why the JRE would affect the drawing of a focus ring. I don't have any insights as to what is happening - I don't think this has been reported as a bug before.
Previous Topic:How does the Index sorting work?
Next Topic:contentProvider and JQuery in welcome page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:09:04 GMT 2024