Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » enabling mouse wheel scroll in .Xdefaults
enabling mouse wheel scroll in .Xdefaults [message #638233] Wed, 10 November 2010 15:20
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I posted this in the newcomers forum, and the suggestion was that I try to ask the question here. I could not find an option to move the topic so hopefully reposting is okay:

Hello,

I have been trying to get mouse wheel scrolling working in Eclipse 3.5.1, with some success. I can already scroll a page at a time with the mouse wheel by holding down Ctrl, but that's what Page Up/Down are for. Meanwhile, my DtTerm behaves and does exactly what I specified in my .Xdefaults.

I added the following to my .Xdefaults file:
! Motif Text Widget
*XmText.Translations:#override\n\
      <Btn4Down>,<Btn4Up>: scroll-one-line-up()\n\
      <Btn5Down>,<Btn5Up>: scroll-one-line-down()\n
! Motif List Widget
*XmList.Translations:#override\n\
      <Btn4Down>,<Btn4Up>: ListPrevItem()\n\
      <Btn5Down>,<Btn5Up>: ListNextItem()\n
! Motif Scroll Bar
*XmScrollBar.Translations:#override\n\
      <Btn4Down>,<Btn4Up>: IncrementUpOrLeft(0)\n\
      <Btn5Down>,<Btn5Up>: IncrementDownOrRight(0)\n

This worked for the ScrollBar, when I hover over it and move the mouse wheel I now scroll up and down. It did not work for the other two. I tried other actions for XmText as well, like process-up/down(), but nothing worked.
It may be of note that when I scroll the mouse wheel while hovering over a list or editor, it does grab focus, so some widget is registering some sort of event.

I also added the color changing options from the SWT FAQ to my .Xdefaults, just to try, and they had no effect either.
Anyone have an idea what's up?

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Browser local html with ESWT
Next Topic:How to exclude widget from parent's size calculation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:13:56 GMT 2024