Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » change settings of Standard Editor in RCP
change settings of Standard Editor in RCP [message #638194] Wed, 10 November 2010 12:08 Go to next message
Crombix  is currently offline Crombix Friend
Hi everybody,
I have a question about the Standard Editor ! namely in my RCP I have some files, which I want to open with the standard Editor ! In the preferences I can change some settings, for example to open the file with only one click instead of two ! my question is: How can I make it possible that the standard Editor takes all the Area-space and close other Editors if they are already oppened ??
Any Ideas?
Greets, crombix.
Re: change settings of Standard Editor in RCP [message #638291 is a reply to message #638194] Wed, 10 November 2010 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Devi Vara Prasad Bandaru is currently offline Devi Vara Prasad BandaruFriend

Window->Preferences->Editors->Close editors automatically

Re: change settings of Standard Editor in RCP [message #638348 is a reply to message #638291] Wed, 10 November 2010 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crombix  is currently offline Crombix Friend
Thank you for the answer ! but it doesn't close my View Sad it closes only other Editors which are oppened with the standard editor ! The problem is that I have a standard View in my RCP that appears when I open my Application ! Is it possible to make this view close automaticaly when an other Editor has been oppened ??
Greets, Crombix.
Re: change settings of Standard Editor in RCP [message #638404 is a reply to message #638348] Thu, 11 November 2010 08:16 Go to previous message
Devi Vara Prasad Bandaru is currently offline Devi Vara Prasad BandaruFriend

You need to add a part listener
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/ui/IPartListener. html
Close all the other editors and views in the parOpened event of the part listener when the required editor is opened.

A few methods which might be helpful.
org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPage.getEditorReferences()
org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPage.closeEditors(IEditorReference[ ], boolean)
org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPage.findViewReference(String)
org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPage.hideView(IViewReference)

To maximize the editor without closing views/editors you can use this.
org.eclipse.ui.IWorkbenchPage.setPartState(IWorkbenchPartRef erence, int)

Previous Topic:Re-using eclipse team in an rcp app
Next Topic:Empty StackPresentationSite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:38:31 GMT 2024