Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Xpand] Code Generation Architecture advise
[Xpand] Code Generation Architecture advise [message #638191] Wed, 10 November 2010 12:02 Go to next message
Rafael Angarita is currently offline Rafael AngaritaFriend
Hello everyone, I'm learning Xtext/Xpand and so far, I have completed the basic tutorials.

Now, I have to start my code generation project and I need some advise regarding the architecture.

I have created the Xtext project and exported as a plugin, then added de Xtext Nature in my code generation project and it works fine. Then, I think the way to go is to programatically call the Xpand generator (which I suppose I should export as a plugin as well) and generate my source files.

I will need to have many templates for different target languages (I will have to define many different grammars as well, of course)

Is it the best approach?
Thank you very much for your help and advise

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2010 12:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Xpand] Code Generation Architecture advise [message #638312 is a reply to message #638191] Wed, 10 November 2010 19:32 Go to previous message
Darius Jockel is currently offline Darius JockelFriend
Hello Refael,

this approach (place the generator into a plugin and start it programatically eg. an editor action) can be used if you do not want to differ between designer<->developer.
If you have long generation times or you want to deploy artefacts into a repository, etc. you can use ant or maven to invoke the generation.

Regards
Previous Topic:[Xpand] Using Xpand programmatically
Next Topic:[Xtend] Problems with editor's content assist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:58:00 GMT 2024