Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Xtend] Problems with editor's content assist
[Xtend] Problems with editor's content assist [message #638180] Wed, 10 November 2010 11:06 Go to next message
Ulf Rueegg is currently offline Ulf RueeggFriend
Hi guys,

this question is more about the Xtend editor itself.

In methods containing more than one "let" statement or several chained expressions the content assist just won't work.
Hitting ctrl + space just doesn't show anything.

But as soon as I'm creating a new method the content assist does work again - but just in the new method not in the previous one.

Furthermore, in longer .ext files error markers are not working properly. Sometimes errors are marked while the transformation works fine, other times there are no markers but obvious errors.

Overall it's nothing specific to any meta model and happens on more systems than mine.

Is this a known problem of the editor or a result of mine not configuring everything correctly?

best regards
Re: [Xtend] Problems with editor's content assist [message #638311 is a reply to message #638180] Wed, 10 November 2010 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darius Jockel is currently offline Darius JockelFriend
Hi Ulf,

there is no Hidden Feature to turn all the error off Smile

It is caused by lack of time and/or money and not a configuration issue.

Regards

Re: [Xtend] Problems with editor's content assist [message #638322 is a reply to message #638180] Wed, 10 November 2010 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulf Rueegg is currently offline Ulf RueeggFriend
Hi Darius,

is a new version of the editor or some fixes planned anytime in the near future?

I'm asking because we use Xtend in the KIELER (https://rtsys.informatik.uni-kiel.de/trac/kieler/) project and some guys (including me) get quite annoyed when content assist drops out again Smile.
For this reason we were even discussing if Xtend was the right choice - but as we are heavily using xtext and xpand as well it seems perfect - if there weren't those small annoyances.

Best regards.
Re: [Xtend] Problems with editor's content assist [message #638400 is a reply to message #638322] Thu, 11 November 2010 08:13 Go to previous message
Darius Jockel is currently offline Darius JockelFriend
Hi Ulf,

of cause there are some problems with the tooling.
But bugfixing of the languages has a higher priority then the tooling.
Nevertheless we try to improve the tooling
and in fact the tooling now is quite better then one or two versions before.

We are still working on the editors. You can help us if you identify bugs and report them to bugzilla. If there are bugs we will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Regards
Darius
Previous Topic:[Xpand] Code Generation Architecture advise
Next Topic:[Xtend] Support for http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2003/XMLType dataTypes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:32:09 GMT 2024