Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » Keybinding conflicts ALT+SHIFT+L
Keybinding conflicts ALT+SHIFT+L [message #638124] Wed, 10 November 2010 02:02 Go to next message
Oliver Mannion is currently offline Oliver MannionFriend
Does anyone else get a Keybinding conflict on ALT+SHIFT+L error when running models?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-11-10 15:00:33.190
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-11-10 15:00:33.190
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+L:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+L,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.amp.axf.ui.resume,Resume,
		Category(org.eclipse.amp.axf.ui,Model Execution Engine,Running and Exploring Models,true),
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
	org.eclipse.amp.axf.activeEditorContext,,,system)
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+L,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.extract.local.variable,Extract Local Variable,
		Extracts an expression into a new local variable and uses the new local variable,
		Category(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.category.refactoring,Refactor - Java,Java Refactoring Actions,true),
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Re: Keybinding conflicts ALT+SHIFT+L [message #639584 is a reply to message #638124] Wed, 17 November 2010 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hmm..that binding should be option-cmd-L on Mac which should map to alt-ctrl I think on Windows. Check your key preferences. I do see that JDT unfortunately applies it's command to all Windows instead of just Java Source. I odn't know why that is. If this seems like a real conflict let me know and we'll change it or even get rid of it. In retrospect I don't see really see that that the key-binding is all that useful -- most people will just click on the toolbar button or whatever.

Oliver Mannion wrote on Tue, 09 November 2010 21:02
Does anyone else get a Keybinding conflict on ALT+SHIFT+L error when running models?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-11-10 15:00:33.190
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2010-11-10 15:00:33.190
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+L:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+L,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.amp.axf.ui.resume,Resume,
		Category(org.eclipse.amp.axf.ui,Model Execution Engine,Running and Exploring Models,true),
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.amp.axf.activeEditorContext,,,system)
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+L,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.extract.local.variable,Extract Local Variable,
		Extracts an expression into a new local variable and uses the new local variable,
		Category(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.category.refactoring,Refactor - Java,Java Refactoring Actions,true),
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

Re: Keybinding conflicts ALT+SHIFT+L [message #639828 is a reply to message #639584] Thu, 18 November 2010 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Mannion is currently offline Oliver MannionFriend
In Preferences - General - Keys I've got

Extract Local Variable - Alt+Shift+L - In Windows - Refactor - Java
Resume - Alt+Shift+L - Model View - Refactor - Java

Although I do use the toolbar button more than the key binding it does seem like a real conflict, and its more the warning message than appears in the Error View/OSGI console that is the (small) annoyance Smile If possible to change/remove that would be cool.
Re: Keybinding conflicts ALT+SHIFT+L [message #640038 is a reply to message #639828] Thu, 18 November 2010 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Oliver Mannion wrote on Wed, 17 November 2010 19:37
In Preferences - General - Keys I've got

Extract Local Variable - Alt+Shift+L - In Windows - Refactor - Java
Resume - Alt+Shift+L - Model View - Refactor - Java

Although I do use the toolbar button more than the key binding it does seem like a real conflict, and its more the warning message than appears in the Error View/OSGI console that is the (small) annoyance Smile If possible to change/remove that would be cool.

Yeah, I think the problem is that the Java refactoring key0-binding is too greedy. There is no reason for it to be active in every window context. You aren't going to need to extract local variable from a window file! Perhaps we should file a bug against JDT. Smile Or if you have an idea for a better key-combo please do a feature request.

cheers,

Miles
Re: Keybinding conflicts ALT+SHIFT+L [message #1077022 is a reply to message #640038] Thu, 01 August 2013 06:26 Go to previous message
Vikas Pachisia is currently offline Vikas PachisiaFriend
Whatever be the case, a developer is looking for some resolution from this forum.
One possible resolution is
1. Goto Window -> Preferences -> General -> Keys
2. Type the key shortcut for which the conflict is reported in the "filter" section (for e.g. type 'ALT+SHIFT+Q' in filter)
3. Select the exact key for which conflict is being reported.
4. All the conflicting applications/plugins will be displayed there.
5. Choose the plugin which you do not use frequently and "Unbind" the key for that plugin.

Regards,
Vikas
Previous Topic:Updating archives model
Next Topic:Problem Occurring While Installation of AMP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:52:59 GMT 2024