Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Trying to set multiple source folders in Java facet
Trying to set multiple source folders in Java facet [message #637830] Tue, 09 November 2010 05:52
Kent Rancourt is currently offline Kent RancourtFriend
I hope I'm filing this question under the correct sub-project. If not, I apologize sincerely in advance.

I'm rather new to developing plugins and I'm currently attempting to create a customized new project wizard that is essentially a pretty minimal customization of the WebProjectWizard. The intend is merely to load a different faceted template that includes not only the jst.java facet and jst.web facet, but some facets of my own that will ultimately provide support for my company's proprietary Spring-based framework.

Sounds simple enough, right? I'm actually having a reasonable degree of success thus far, BUT...

The thing I am stuck on is that when the end-user is configuring the Java facet, I'd like for the JavaFacetInstallPage to show multiple source directories by defults, with those multiple directories being those commonly used in a Maven project (although we're not using Maven):

* src/main/java
* src/main/resources
* src/test/java
* src/test/resources

It seems that if I wish to do this sort of customization to the data model when the wizard loads, the createDataModel() method in my wizard would be the ideal place to do that.

Unfortunately, however, I see that to specify source folders, I need to somehow get a handle to a JavaFacetInstallConfig object. I do know that I can dig through the working copy of the faceted project to try to find the install action for the Java facet and I can get a reference to the JavaFacetInstallConfig object thre, but at this point in the lifecycle, no such object exists because the Java facet hasn't really been selected at that point (and thus isn't slated for install).

I think this explains my dilemma pretty clearly. I need to either find another means of specifying the source folders, or I need to find another point in the lifecycle of the wizard where I can intercept and customize the default configuration of the Java facet before the user sees the JavaFacetInstallPage.

Any assistance is tremendously appreciated.
Previous Topic:XSD/WSDL editors: relative import from classpath
Next Topic:Trying to set multiple source folders in Java facet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:16:09 GMT 2024