Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Where to start? Eclipse-diff-viewer for custom file format. (Eclipse Plugin Development Need Help)
Where to start? Eclipse-diff-viewer for custom file format. [message #637568] Sat, 06 November 2010 21:18
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I am not sure if this is the right forum to post. If not, appreciate directions.

We are storing autogenerated XML files in SVN and Eclipse+Subclipse is our SVN client and diff/merge tool. The XML files are the serialized versions of our higher-level data objects.

The data in XML is not very human-readable making the entire diff/merge operation extremely difficult.

I would like to write a plugin that shows a widget that can be used for diff/merge purposes. The primary goal is that the current mechanism in Eclipse will be used to identify file level incoming/outgoing/conflicting changes and the new widget will be used to visualize the changes (instead of the existing LEFT-RIGHT text panes.

Any pointers to where I can start?

PS: I have some experience programming swing components.
Previous Topic:When using custom config.ini file, product export doesn't create bundles.info
Next Topic:'Export Features' - Unable to find: Installable Unit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:38:03 GMT 2024