Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Error while exporting project
Error while exporting project [message #637484] Fri, 05 November 2010 18:02 Go to next message
Rafael Angarita is currently offline Rafael AngaritaFriend
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to deploy a Xtext project as Deployable plug-ins and fragments, but I'm getting this horrible error and I've no clue. I have searched the forums, but I have not found anything useful for me. Here is the error message:

/home/rafa/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:88: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:103: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:26: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/org.xtext.example.myd/build.xml:327: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/org.xtext.example.myd/build.xml:402: Problem: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:103: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.linux.gtk.x86.xml:26: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/org.xtext.example.myd/build.xml:327: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/rafa/workspace/org.xtext.example.myd/build.xml:402: Problem: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.

Thank you very much for your help.
Re: Error while exporting project [message #637702 is a reply to message #637484] Mon, 08 November 2010 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafael Angarita is currently offline Rafael AngaritaFriend
Ok. I downloaded a different Eclipse package which includes the missing API Tool jars and everything worked great.
Re: Error while exporting project [message #695210 is a reply to message #637484] Mon, 11 July 2011 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Jacob is currently offline Thomas JacobFriend
I had the same error. If someone else comes along: You have an Eclipse (manually built?) where the plugin set is incomplete. You need org.eclipse.pde.api.tools.
Re: Error while exporting project [message #695429 is a reply to message #695210] Mon, 11 July 2011 17:59 Go to previous message
Espinosa CZ is currently offline Espinosa CZFriend
I had the same problem. You need to install some PDE dev tools if you have just a plain Java Dev Eclipse variant. Xtext (??) guys should do more detection and provide more meaningful assistance Interestingly, if you run the plugin.xml, like into a separate aplication as is suggested in Xtext documentation, this worked, just the installation of the plugin to the same Eclipse instance holding the original Xtext project failed.

I installed these and it started to work:

• PDE/API Tools Environment Descriptions
  • PDE/API Tools Environment Descriptions CDC/Foundation 1.1
  • PDE/API Tools Environment Descriptions J2SE 16
  • PDE/API Tools Environment Descriptions OSGi minimum 12

I would be quite interested to know the minimal set.

Previous Topic:properties folder
Next Topic:export plug-in as folder structure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:30:32 GMT 2024