Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » HttpServletRequest.getRealPath() broken in Virgo?
HttpServletRequest.getRealPath() broken in Virgo? [message #637310] Fri, 05 November 2010 01:08 Go to next message
Ellen Strnod is currently offline Ellen StrnodFriend
I am using HttpServletRequest.getRealPath() to return a location which I am using to generate a jasper report into and then return a link to it for a web page. In dm server 2.0.0, this was working and returned a string like C:\Insight\dmserver\work\osgi\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi \bundles\38\data\store\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\93\1\bundlef ile\ but with the new 2.1.0-RELEASE version of virgo, looks like C:\Insight\dmserver\null\. As the JEE API javadocs show this method as deprecated, I tried getting the ServletContext and calling getRealPath() on it as the javadocs suggest, but get the same result with it also.

Is this a known issue? Do I need to create an example and file a bug?
Re: HttpServletRequest.getRealPath() broken in Virgo? [message #637365 is a reply to message #637310] Fri, 05 November 2010 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
It's not a known issue, so I'd be grateful if you could create a failing example and file a bug.

If you could make the example minimal, that will help as it may be that this is a bug in Gemini Web in which case a minimal example will make it easier to reproduce and fix on Gemini Web (before validating the fix works on Virgo too).
Re: HttpServletRequest.getRealPath() broken in Virgo? [message #637472 is a reply to message #637365] Fri, 05 November 2010 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ellen Strnod is currently offline Ellen StrnodFriend
Bug with example has been created.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=329566
Re: HttpServletRequest.getRealPath() broken in Virgo? [message #637478 is a reply to message #637472] Fri, 05 November 2010 17:31 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Thanks! Let's continue this thread in the bug for posterity and ease of reference.
Previous Topic:Bundle A depended on Bundle B randomly crashes during clean startup
Next Topic:Eclipse Virgo tools installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:37:35 GMT 2024