Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problems to Clone existing diagram
Problems to Clone existing diagram [message #636933] Wed, 03 November 2010 12:10 Go to next message
Andres  is currently offline Andres Friend
In a last post, I asked about to change the editor id of the composite.diagram,
because i want to do a new editor for a new diagram type(a profile uml with his own palette).

For do this, i want to "clone" the composite diagram(renaming the diagram plugin , packages, some attributes in some classes, and changing the editorId) to add a new default custom palette.

I changed the id and the name of packages in the composite.gmfgen, i renamed the source package of oep.diagram.compoiste, and then i regenerated the code from gmfgen.

It works fine, and i could change the diagram id too,but when i launch the plugin and execute the new editor, i can select an element from palette, but i can`t add this to the canvas.

Any suggestion?

thanks Andres

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2010 12:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems to Clone existing diagram [message #637105 is a reply to message #636933] Thu, 04 November 2010 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
I will discuss with collegue that done this kind of work as soon as I back to office.

Patrick

Re: Problems to Clone existing diagram [message #637805 is a reply to message #637105] Mon, 08 November 2010 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after changing the id when i throw an element in the canvas, the editor throw the following exception,

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.composite.edit.policies.UMLBaseI temSemanticEditPolicy.getEditHelperCommand(UMLBaseItemSemant icEditPolicy.java:186)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.composite.edit.policies.UMLBaseI temSemanticEditPolicy.getSemanticCommand(UMLBaseItemSemantic EditPolicy.java:160)
at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editpolicies.SemanticEdit Policy.getCommand(SemanticEditPolicy.java:69)
at org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.composite.edit.policies.UMLBaseI temSemanticEditPolicy.getCommand(UMLBaseItemSemanticEditPoli cy.java:139)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.getCommand(Abstra ctEditPart.java:501)

Please, i really need to clone the diagram.. and i really i dont know what to do...

Re: Problems to Clone existing diagram [message #638456 is a reply to message #637805] Thu, 11 November 2010 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can resolve the problem.
For do this I change all references(the reference to the custom-src and image file i dont change) to CompositeStructure(MODELID), and composite(name plugin) for my own in the plugin.xml, plugin.properties, gmfgen(i change the extension file too in this file), message.java in custom-src, and then i regenerate papyrus code from the gmfgen.
Re: Problems to Clone existing diagram [message #639435 is a reply to message #638456] Tue, 16 November 2010 14:32 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Thanks to post the answer to your own problem, this will perhaps help other users. Hope everything works for you now!

Regards,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:How to edit parameters for class operations in class diagram?
Next Topic:Modify element appearance at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:27:23 GMT 2024