Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo web console
Virgo web console [message #636733] Tue, 02 November 2010 15:28 Go to next message
Lorie Pisicchio is currently offline Lorie PisicchioFriend
Hi!
I am been using Virgo for one month now, and I noticed some strange behaviour.
After some publish/start/stop/remove/etc on the server, I find sometimes my web admin console not working.. It only displays a white page, and if I use my browser to display to source code of the page, it is empty...
I tried to empty the cache, reload the page, but it doesn't solve the issue.
It's quite annoying, as I don't know when it stopped working and why.. Moreover, the web admin console is very usefull to debug when some bundles can not be deployed.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
Lorie
Re: Virgo web console [message #636737 is a reply to message #636733] Tue, 02 November 2010 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Perhaps some of the actions you performed have impacted the admin console. For instance, have you done anything to the web portions of Virgo or the Gemini Web bundles or the Tomcat bundles?

You could try redeploying the admin console, e.g. by "touching" (i.e. updating) the file pickup/org.eclipse.virgo.apps.admin-2.1.0.RELEASE.plan.

You should probably enable the Equinox console (see the user guide) so you can get useful diagnostic information even when the web console is experiencing this "white out".

If the problem recurs, please could you post the event log or console here as this may give some clues.

Meanwhile, if you spot a pattern which allows this to be reproduced, please would you raise a bug.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 November 2010 15:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Virgo web console [message #636738 is a reply to message #636737] Tue, 02 November 2010 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorie Pisicchio is currently offline Lorie PisicchioFriend
Well, thank you for the tip Glyn!!
I finally found where the problem comes from : I had simply deleted the files under the pickup repository!!!...
So this was a silly question, but I'm very happy I asked it! I copied the files back to the directory, and now it works fine.
Again thank you very much for your precious help!
Re: Virgo web console [message #636751 is a reply to message #636738] Tue, 02 November 2010 16:31 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I'm pleased you are sorted out. I don't like the way Virgo gives a white screen rather than a 404, so if you feel equally strongly about that, please raise a bug. The step to reproduce is pretty easy. Wink
Previous Topic:Bundle deployment via Eclipse
Next Topic:Virgo Fails to Start On alternate Invocation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:06:44 GMT 2024