Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot cannot handle login dialog(how to work arround?)
SWTBot cannot handle login dialog [message #636626] Tue, 02 November 2010 09:30 Go to next message
toni  is currently offline toni Friend
Hi Ketan,

Could you please tell me how I have to do to bypass the login dialog when using SWTBot to test my RCP App? At the start point, the login is shown up and require username, password and a combo-box to choice the database server path. So, my test is get stuck at the starting point and couldn't go further. I also cannot change the code of the application or pass the parameters into JVM at the runtime, so the workarround that you suggested on http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/FAQ#Why_do_tests_run_on_a_non -UI_thread.3F doesn't work much for me.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Thanks,
Toni
Re: SWTBot cannot handle login dialog [message #636835 is a reply to message #636626] Wed, 03 November 2010 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem is solved! Thanks Smile
Re: SWTBot cannot handle login dialog [message #640856 is a reply to message #636835] Tue, 23 November 2010 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi  is currently offline Ravi Friend
Hi Tony

I am also struck at the same point (bypassing the login dialog box). How did you solved this problem?
Re: SWTBot cannot handle login dialog [message #640877 is a reply to message #640856] Tue, 23 November 2010 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan PadegaonkarFriend
Answered here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/FAQ#How_do_I_test_a_login_dia log_using_SWTBot

--
Ketan
ketan.padegaonkar.name | eclipse.org/swtbot | @ketanpkr

On 11/23/10 4:33 PM, Ravi wrote:
> Hi Tony
>
> I am also struck at the same point (bypassing the login dialog box). How
> did you solved this problem?
Re: SWTBot cannot handle login dialog [message #641381 is a reply to message #640877] Thu, 25 November 2010 09:19 Go to previous message
Actually, I've learned that there is no way to pass a native dialog within SWTBot. I've checked all workaround solutions on the internet, but they seem require changing application source code (means you need change native dialogs into something SWT can understand) and, of course, it's impossible for my case.

Instead, I used Autoit (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml) to help SWTBot bypass this limitation. So, my automation testing is something like a relay race with SWTBot and Autoit. Whenever SWTBot gets stuck in a native dialog, Autoit will come and take place. When Autoit solves the dialog completely, it will give back to SWTBot to continue the test and so on.

Cheers,
Toni

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2010 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Headless run of RCP application with parameters
Next Topic:FileDialog support in SWTBot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:27:29 GMT 2024