Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » GroupLayout or FormLayout?
GroupLayout or FormLayout? [message #635997] Thu, 28 October 2010 21:35 Go to next message
Ryan is currently offline RyanFriend
So I was reading through these and I'm not sure what the differences between these two layout managers are:
SWT GroupLayout
SWT FormLayout

It seems that they are almost just two different implementations of the same thing.

Why would I choose one over the other?

Ryan
Re: GroupLayout or FormLayout? [message #636026 is a reply to message #635997] Fri, 29 October 2010 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

SWT doesn't have GroupLayout. Please see this link for the layouts provided by SWT and information about each layout. --> http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/swt/layout/packag e-summary.html

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: GroupLayout or FormLayout? [message #636159 is a reply to message #636026] Fri, 29 October 2010 13:45 Go to previous message
Ryan is currently offline RyanFriend
So after a bit of research, it looks like the SWT GroupLayout is a port of the GroupLayout provided by Sun. I was thrown off because the package it was in made it look like it was part of the standard SWT
/*
 * Copyright (C) 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is
 * subject to license terms.
 */ 

package org.eclipse.swt.layout.grouplayout;

However, even though it's not part of standard SWT, my question still stands.
Previous Topic:strange transform error
Next Topic:SWT commercial components to recommend ? (charts, grids ....)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:18:36 GMT 2024