Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to edit parameters for class operations in class diagram?(I can't seem to edit parameter attributes from the class diagram)
How to edit parameters for class operations in class diagram? [message #635956] Thu, 28 October 2010 17:49 Go to next message
Marc Leavitt is currently offline Marc LeavittFriend
Apologies if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find it in this forum...

Warning: Total noob alert

I was attempting to work my way through some of the simple tutorials on the papyrus.org site and, working in the class diagram, I got as far as adding a parameter to a class operation, but then I couldn't find a way to bring up an editor to modify the attributes of the new parameter.

The only thing that I could get to work was directly editing the UML code, but this is pretty "sub-optimal".

I *do* understand that Papyrus MDT is incubating and different from the previous Papyrus software, but it was the only tutorial info I could find Wink

Help?

FYI - This was the "HelloWorld" example at http://www.papyrusuml.org/scripts/home/publigen/content/temp lates/show.asp?P=134&L=EN&SYNC=Y.
The class was "HelloWorld", the operation was "main" and the parameter to main was intended to be the args)

Eclipse version: Helios Service Release 1
Build id: 20100917-0705

Papyrus version 0.0.0v201007251735
Re: How to edit parameters for class operations in class diagram? [message #636054 is a reply to message #635956] Fri, 29 October 2010 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Marc

Thanks for your interest in Papyrus project!

As you can guess, the property view framework is currently under work. All what we want to propose for this is not complete.

For now, you can create the parameter and edit it in the model explorer view, the one on the left when you are under the Papyrus perspective. You can see an example of the model explorer in the page 9 of the following document:
Sequence Diagram Tutorial. To create it, you can select the operation in the model explorer, right click. In the menu: Create new Child > Create a new Parameter. You will have a new parameter under the operation in the model explorer. You will then have access to the properties of the parameter - name, type, etc.- when you select it.

The property view should allow you to create directly the parameter when the operation is selected with the "+" button, and double clicking on the created parameter should allow you to open a new editor to edit it.
This should come soon.

Regards,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: How to edit parameters for class operations in class diagram? [message #636189 is a reply to message #636054] Fri, 29 October 2010 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That works. Thanks Remi!
Re: How to edit parameters for class operations in class diagram? [message #636325 is a reply to message #636054] Sat, 30 October 2010 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remy,

Do you know if it is possible to download the project that the sequence diagram tutorial is based on?

Thank you
Re: How to edit parameters for class operations in class diagram? [message #637903 is a reply to message #636325] Tue, 09 November 2010 10:00 Go to previous message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

I will ask the persons who have written the tutorial. they will answer directly you or I will post their response.

Regards,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Modify palette at runtime
Next Topic:Problems to Clone existing diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:28:28 GMT 2024