Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Bundle deployment via Eclipse
Bundle deployment via Eclipse [message #635924] Thu, 28 October 2010 15:45 Go to next message
Lorie Pisicchio is currently offline Lorie PisicchioFriend
If my post appears twice, accept my appologies.. I am not sure my previous message was posted. Some kind if strange behaviour....

Anyway, the question was about deploying bundles to an instance of Virgo web server through Eclipse. I am wondering what happens behind the scene when deploying a new bundle, either by Add or Remove link on the context menu of the server, or drag&drop a project to the server instance.

The reason why I am asking this question is that I have noticed that the jar that is copied to the stage directory of Virgo is not the jar that is generated by my maven build. To be more specific : the MANIFEST file inside the jar under stage, and the one embedded in the jar generated by maven is different. So I'm wondering where this jar comes from? Is it automatically build by Virgo? How does Maven interacts in this process?

Regards,
Lorie.
Re: Bundle deployment via Eclipse [message #636522 is a reply to message #635924] Mon, 01 November 2010 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The Eclipse-based Virgo tooling puts the bundle in the stage directory and drives Virgo's JMX Deployer interface to deploy the bundle. So this behaviour seems to be due to the tooling. I would normally try the usual Eclipse "dances" to get back to a predictable state. (Once we have the tooling donated to Eclipse, we'll be in a better position to debug these kinds of issues.)
Re: Bundle deployment via Eclipse [message #636731 is a reply to message #636522] Tue, 02 November 2010 15:24 Go to previous message
Lorie Pisicchio is currently offline Lorie PisicchioFriend
Thank you Glyn for your answer.
I guess I'll have to go on playing with cleaning and closing projects in Eclipse! Wink
Previous Topic:Classloader issues with third party bundles and RMI
Next Topic:Virgo web console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:17:18 GMT 2024