Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » dm Server Tools manifest problem
dm Server Tools manifest problem [message #635788] Thu, 28 October 2010 06:47 Go to next message
tuomas  is currently offline tuomas Friend
Hi,

when deploying a bundle to a Virgo Web Server the existing MANIFEST.MF file seems to be ignored. This results in the deployed bundle having version 0 and no package imports/exports:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-SymbolicName: test
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2

The manifest file I want is in src/main/resources/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and it is correctly displayed if I select Open MANIFEST.MF from the bundle's context menu in the Server View.

Thanks in advance,
tom
Re: dm Server Tools manifest problem [message #635798 is a reply to message #635788] Thu, 28 October 2010 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I think that's a tooling glitch, which is unfortunately hard to reproduce, but can be worked around by appropriate Eclipse "dances" such as using "clean..." against the server to clear out the staging area, closing/opening the project, undeploying then redeploying, and ensuring the server is started with the clean option to be on the safe side.

If you can reproduce this predictably, please provide steps to reproduce and kindly raise a bug against the tooling. You can use the Virgo bugzilla as we probably won't be able to fix the bug before the tooling is contributed to Eclipse.

Hope that's some help. I know it's not ideal.
Re: dm Server Tools manifest problem [message #635872 is a reply to message #635788] Thu, 28 October 2010 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tuomas  is currently offline tuomas Friend
Thanks for your reply. After quite some toying around I think I found the (or at leas a) problem:
The main catch seems to be that previously I had Virgo installed outside of my home dir (/var/tmp).
After reinstalling it in my home dir I still had to perform your suggested "dances" for some bundles (others worked right away). But now everything looks fine.

I will check bugzilla if this is a known problem and create a bugreport if it is not.
Re: dm Server Tools manifest problem [message #635893 is a reply to message #635872] Thu, 28 October 2010 14:11 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Glad you made progress.
Previous Topic:@PostConstruct method is not invoked
Next Topic:How to inject EntityManager in each bundle?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:51:33 GMT 2024