Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Project Proposals » Introducing Jubula  () 1 Vote
icon7.gif  Introducing Jubula [message #635501] Wed, 27 October 2010 07:08 Go to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Hello to all

I'd like to welcome you to the new Eclipse Proposals Forum. Jubula has the honour to be the guinea pig for this new forum so we hope this will be well accepted.

I won't repeat the Jubula proposal here, please have a look at http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/jubula for it.

The current development team at BREDEX is ready to answers questions and discuss topics on Jubula in this forum. Until the proposal is accepted you may also contact us by email at mailto:jubula@bredex.de.

Looking forward to a lively discussion

Achim

Achim Lörke

Re: Introducing Jubula [message #637533 is a reply to message #635501] Sat, 06 November 2010 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Clarke is currently offline Sam ClarkeFriend
It's good... Thumbs up!
Re: Introducing Jubula [message #639902 is a reply to message #635501] Thu, 18 November 2010 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
could you please comment on eclipse scout [1] support for jubula?
[1] http://www.eclipse.org/scout
Scout support [message #639907 is a reply to message #639902] Thu, 18 November 2010 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Matthias,

since we aren't using Scout yet at me company all I can say is based on what I've heard at the Eclipse Summit from you guys and what I've read on your wiki.

Since Scout's UI generators support SWT and Swing there is a good chance that GUI test with Jubula will work right out of the box. Jubula focuses on high level abstractions, so it will be beneficial to support high level controls/functions from the Scout framework. This can be done using the extension mechanism provided with the Remote Control components of Jubula. Depending on the complexity of Scout controls this can take a couple of hours or even a few days to implement. If there is enough interest we might be doing this and of course you are very welcome to contribute code to test your controls Smile

- Achim

Achim Lörke

Re: Scout support [message #640030 is a reply to message #639907] Thu, 18 November 2010 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
sounds good Smile please add me as an interested party on your proposal. thanks.
Re: Introducing Jubula [message #640859 is a reply to message #635501] Tue, 23 November 2010 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcel Gorri is currently offline Marcel GorriFriend
Hi all,

I'm from Sequoyah project and we would like to introduce ourselves. Sequoyah (http://www.eclipse.org/sequoyah/) project's purpose is to be focused on the needs of all mobile developers.

Currently we also are working in a component for automating tests for mobile users. It is the Automation Test Framework ( http://www.eclipse.org/sequoyah/components/autom_test_fw.php). This component is in an early development stage right now. As you can see in our documentation, our component and Jubula have some common points. We would like to discuss a little bit more how we can work together and explore those common points in a combined effort, in order to deliver a great testing environment for all users.

Also, are you guys considering going to EclipseCon 2011? Maybe we can gather there and discuss some ideas. We could even have a Birds of a Feather (BOF) session together, focusing on tests. What do you think?

Tks,
Marcel
Re: Introducing Jubula [message #640878 is a reply to message #640859] Tue, 23 November 2010 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Marcel,

as a matter of fact we have developed some Remote Control components for mobile devices. We certainly should talk about teaming up and building a common platform for this.

We will contact you in your Newsgroup early next week (totally swamped the next few days).

We will attend EclipseCon and a BOF seems useful. We'll schedule one as soon as the dates are set.

- Achim

Achim Lörke

[Updated on: Tue, 23 November 2010 12:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Introducing Jubula [message #644514 is a reply to message #640878] Sun, 12 December 2010 18:04 Go to previous message
Josh Mclellan is currently offline Josh MclellanFriend
ooo i like it!
Previous Topic:[RTP] Introducing the RT Packaging Project
Next Topic:Eclipse RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:00:10 GMT 2024