Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Nullpointer while searching
Nullpointer while searching [message #635392] Tue, 26 October 2010 16:12 Go to next message
Matthias is currently offline MatthiasFriend
Hi,
searching from my local machine with locally hostet infocenter on tomcat works.

The problem is, when I try to search from an rcp app on another computer I get the following error:
Während "Lokale Hilfe" ist ein interner Fehler aufgetreten.
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.eclipse.help.internal.util.URLCoder.encode(URLCoder.java:20)
 at org.eclipse.help.internal.search.SearchResults.addHits(SearchResults.java:51)
 at org.eclipse.help.internal.search.SearchManager$BufferedSearchHitCollector.flush(SearchManager.java:183)
 at org.eclipse.help.internal.search.SearchManager.searchLocalAndRemote(SearchManager.java:122)
 at org.eclipse.help.internal.search.SearchManager.search(SearchManager.java:78)
 at org.eclipse.help.internal.search.federated.LocalHelp.run(LocalHelp.java:54)
 at org.eclipse.help.internal.search.federated.FederatedSearchJob.run(FederatedSearchJob.java:38)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Everything else works fine, even the dynamic search function...

Hope someone can help.. Thanks in advance!
Re: Nullpointer while searching [message #635998 is a reply to message #635392] Thu, 28 October 2010 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Are you seeing the error on the client side or on the server side? This problem is not familiar to me.
Re: Nullpointer while searching [message #636635 is a reply to message #635392] Tue, 02 November 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is on the client side. Very strange problem..
Re: Nullpointer while searching [message #637058 is a reply to message #636635] Wed, 03 November 2010 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Can you file a bug report and include the stack trace. It seems that it would be easy to fix - we need to handle the case where highlightTerms is null, I don't understand though why this has not been reported before if there is a path through the code which allows highlightTerms to be null.
Re: Nullpointer while searching [message #637218 is a reply to message #635392] Thu, 04 November 2010 15:55 Go to previous message
I've filed a bug report! Thank you for your help!

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=329448
Previous Topic:Infocenter (Tomcat) only locally available - SOLVED
Next Topic:Help Contents empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:39:01 GMT 2024