Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » how to open a .java file at specified position, dinamically filter a list?
how to open a .java file at specified position, dinamically filter a list? [message #634858] Sun, 24 October 2010 17:03 Go to next message
federico c is currently offline federico cFriend
Hello everybody!

I want (let's say better, I have to! ) to implement an eclipse plugin which has to receive as input an xml file having hundreds of elements of this type:

<entry alias="aName"> <implementation class="my.Class" method="aMethod"/> </entry>

that is, this xml file contains a lot of alias for methods of classes which are disseminated through the workspace (in several different projects). My plugin should add a new view tab to eclipse containing an (ordered) list of all the aliases. Upon double-clicking an alias, a new tab pointed at the method definition should be automatically opened (something similar to what happens when using "Open Type", but pointing to a method declaration). In addition to this, since the list is really huge, I would add the possibility of filtering the aliases exactly as it happens with method names when you click CTRL+O within a class.

I have seen there is a wizard to create a plugin which adds a new view to eclipse, so that can be my starting point. Furthermore, the unmarshaling of the xml should not be that difficult with JAXB. My only problem is "just" to understand how can I add the filtering function within the view and of course the behavior of automatically opening a java file (at a specified position) upon double clicking.. Maybe you know some example which may help me? Is the source code of the 2 plugins I mentioned ("open type", "search method") available?

I will rellay appreciate any suggestion/help!
Thank you in advance!
Bye,
F
Re: how to open a .java file at specified position, dinamically filter a list? [message #635386 is a reply to message #634858] Tue, 26 October 2010 15:52 Go to previous message
federico c is currently offline federico cFriend
can anybody please help me? I don`t understand how can I retrieve an IResource to open in editor from a fully qualified path such as org.my.ClassName?

Thank you very much!!!
Previous Topic:Loading dependency at runtime
Next Topic:How to dynamically add to a plugin's classpath?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:02:55 GMT 2024