Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation  () 2 Votes
Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #634104] Wed, 20 October 2010 14:18 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

for quite some time i was using PHP-Eclipse (EasyEclipse), but bcause our company wants all to switch to one standard - Eclipse was chosen with PDT.

When we changed pretty much everything was easier to do so i had no problem with it.
But i found quite some strange "bugs" like PDT wont show some error.

For example:
it will realize this is wrong:
$test = ";

it will not realize that $not_used_var has nether been used nor initialized.
$test = $not_used_var;

PHP-Eclipse would at least throw me a warning. Until today i am searching for a function to turn this on, but didnt find it.
Validation is set on, .php files are correct, project is php.

What am i missing?

Best Regards
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #659934 is a reply to message #634104] Wed, 16 March 2011 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam  is currently offline sam Friend
Hello,

did you ever get any response or solution to that problem?

I have wondering the same thing... if the IDE could have some kind of "strict" php validation, simply indicating that a php variable may not have been initialized...

Thx!

sam
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #702445 is a reply to message #634104] Tue, 26 July 2011 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahne is currently offline bahneFriend
I am looking for a solution myself, now for around half a year. Nothing. The PHPEclipse warning helped me a big lot of times, when I had typos in my var names.
(no subject) [message #702451 is a reply to message #634104] Tue, 26 July 2011 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahne is currently offline bahneFriend
I am looking for a solution myself, now for around half a year. Nothing. The PHPEclipse warning helped me a big lot of times, when I had typos in my var names.
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #780317 is a reply to message #634104] Tue, 17 January 2012 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Robinson is currently offline Julien RobinsonFriend
After looking around for some time, I found this:
http s:// www.globalways.net/blog/archives/18-Converting-existing-eclipse-projects-into-PDT-projects.html

The trick is that the project already exists, so it's got a description that doesn't fit PDT.
(remove the spaces from the link, it's garbled because I don't have the rights to post a link)
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #842332 is a reply to message #780317] Thu, 12 April 2012 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe Lehmann is currently offline Uwe LehmannFriend
I deleted the .project an all other project related Files, reinstalled Helios Eclipse ... nothing works.

is there no plugin to do this validation in the Editor ?
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #870962 is a reply to message #842332] Thu, 10 May 2012 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this unsolvable or what ?
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #870977 is a reply to message #870962] Thu, 10 May 2012 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Guys, you are talking about "Semantic Analysis".
See Zend Studio and Eclipse PDT Comparison - Zend.com.
It is described as "Code Analysis & Quick Fix" under "PHP Editor and File Management", and PDT doesn't have it. In other words, it is reserved for the commercial product.
See also Zend Studio User Guide p.851 "Semantic Analysis Preferences".
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #875315 is a reply to message #870977] Tue, 22 May 2012 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... and there ist no way get this from PHPEclipse into PDT ?
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #884572 is a reply to message #634104] Mon, 11 June 2012 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simon doetsch is currently offline simon doetschFriend
Hello,

i use the Aptana Plugin to solve that problem.
After installing, the Aptana Plugin, go to window > preferences > General > Editors > File Associataions and select *.php and set PHP Source Editor to default.

That works fine!

Greetings from Trier, Germany
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #890248 is a reply to message #884572] Thu, 21 June 2012 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rik Bartolini is currently offline Rik BartoliniFriend
Wait a minute!
"Semantic Awareness to View / Action Helpers" is related to "Zend Framework Integration".

Scrolling the list under "PHP Editor and File Management" we can see:
Code Assist for Include Content = YES
Syntax Coloring & Code Assist = YES

So the new version should offer the same thing as the previous version of PDT with Helios, shouldn't it?

See my problem here: www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/359347/890241/#msg_890241
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #890249 is a reply to message #890248] Thu, 21 June 2012 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FOUND!
The problem is the workspace (that's why the installation doc say to create a new one and import the folders of the Helios project Smile )
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #890254 is a reply to message #890249] Thu, 21 June 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The file with installation help I was talking about is in the Eclipse dir (tipically /opt/eclipse-php/readme/readme_eclipse.html)

Paragraph 5
5. Upgrading a Workspace from a Previous Release
Re: Eclipse Helios + PDT = no validation [message #890261 is a reply to message #890254] Thu, 21 June 2012 16:07 Go to previous message
In other word the solution is:

Installation of the new Eclipse PDT

Run

Start on a new workspace, letting Eclipse to create it from scratch

Copy all the project dirs of the older workspace in the new one (COPY, NOT MOVE because after this point you'll not be able to use older version of Eclipse on that workspace. Not tested, but is written in the readme of the new Eclipse. That old workspace could be of use).

File-Import->General->Existing projects into Workspace
then browse and select the new workspace, select all the project (default), dont' check the 2 checkboxes below, and that's it!

There are surely other ways to do the same, but the main concept is creating a new workspace and import the existing projects of the older one.

Previous Topic:Where is my php file, cannot running php
Next Topic:Open in Browser (locked for XDebug)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:21:14 GMT 2024