Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » site.p2 task does not create native launcher
site.p2 task does not create native launcher [message #633068] Fri, 15 October 2010 09:10 Go to next message
Frank Hoellering is currently offline Frank HoelleringFriend
Hi All!

I'm building a product with hudson/buckminster but after an upgrade from buckminster version r11467 no native launcher is created (build for win32 x86 on WinXP).

Investigating further I found out that the problem already appeared in r11496 (and still does in r11582). Doing an svn diff on the helios-maintenance branch led me to the following change which might be the cause:

Index: org.eclipse.buckminster.pde/src/java/org/eclipse/buckminster/pde/internal/actor/P2SiteGenerator.java
===================================================================
--- org.eclipse.buckminster.pde/src/java/org/eclipse/buckminster/pde/internal/actor/P2SiteGenerator.java    (revision 11467)
+++ org.eclipse.buckminster.pde/src/java/org/eclipse/buckminster/pde/internal/actor/P2SiteGenerator.java    (revision 11496)
@@ -40,7 +40,7 @@
 import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.IPDEConstants;
 import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.Messages;
 import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.cspecgen.CSpecGenerator;
-import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.EclipsePlatformReaderType;
+import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform;
 import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.BundlesAction;
 import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.CategoriesAction;
 import org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.FeaturesAction;
@@ -185,9 +185,9 @@

File exeFeature = null;

-        IFeatureModel launcherFeature = EclipsePlatformReaderTyp e.getBestFeature(CSpecGenerator.LAUNCHER_FEATURE, null, null);
+        IFeatureModel launcherFeature = PDETargetPlatform.getBestFeature(CSpecGenerator.LAUNCHER_FEATURE, null, null);
         if (launcherFeature == null)
-            launcherFeature = EclipsePlatformReaderType.getBestFeature(CSpecGenerator.LAUNCHER_FEATURE_3_2, null, null);
+            launcherFeature = PDETargetPlatform.getBestFeature(CSpecGenerator.LAUNCHER_FEATURE_3_2, null, null);

if (launcherFeature != null)
             exeFeature = new File(launcherFeature.getInstallLocation());

Before anybody asks, I do not have a dependency to the equinox launchers feature included as it was working without it before. Anyway I was not able to find a update site with the appropriate feature to include, only the whole Equinox SDK feature.

Can somebody give me a hint if this is a bug or if I need some additional configuration to work around this problem?

To reproduce you can use the buckminster tutorial mailapp from buckminster trunk. Materializing the target platform and invoking "create.product" from eclipse runs through but does not create a mailapp.exe.

Thank you in advance,
Frank
Re: site.p2 task does not create native launcher [message #633148 is a reply to message #633068] Fri, 15 October 2010 14:02 Go to previous message
Frank Hoellering is currently offline Frank HoelleringFriend
Hi All!

I was able to solve or at least work around the problem.

The key point was adding the delta pack - means the feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable_3.3.201.R35x_v20091211-7M-Fng FELSU3Pqlv3JdZn - to my private update site I create my target platform from and to materialize "org.eclipse.equinox.executable". Seems that buckminster explicitly searches for the feature, not only for available launcher plugins (which are included in org.eclipse.rcp).

Side note: It was not that simple to include " org.eclipse.equinox.executable_3.3.201.R35x_v20091211-7M-Fng FELSU3Pqlv3JdZn " to my update site project. The feature directory includes a build.properties and build.xml file which seems to get evaluated upon building the update site from within eclipse. As a result the feature was not included to the update site but individual binary artifacts which I was unable to materialize. Workaround: rename those two files, build update site, rename to original name within the create feature jar.

Maybe the resolver can be enhanced to search for the plugins as well, not only the feature.

Cheers,
Frank
Previous Topic:aovoid, forbid undo in Commands
Next Topic:Upgrade of Buckminster tooling results in "org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found "
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:29:28 GMT 2024