Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How I can add an interface to a UML profile
How I can add an interface to a UML profile [message #632703] Thu, 14 October 2010 00:16 Go to next message
Mohamed Mussa is currently offline Mohamed MussaFriend
Hi,

I am building a UML profile with stereotype that has attributes/properties of type interfaces, but I couldn't find an interface component in the Papyrus's profile palette.

It forced me to edit the *.uml file directly through the Ecore editor. It worked (I defined my attributes/properties) but the interface did not show up on the *.di file.

Is there alt. solution?

Thanks in advance.

Mohamed
Re: How I can add an interface to a UML profile [message #634003 is a reply to message #632703] Wed, 20 October 2010 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi Mohamed,

You can create interfaces in the profile using the model explorer (right click on the profile | Create new Child| Create a new Interface.
This will create the interface in the semantic model, but you won't see it in the diagrams, as the model explorer only works on the semantic model (the uml profile).

Regards,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: How I can add an interface to a UML profile [message #634088 is a reply to message #634003] Wed, 20 October 2010 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks.

I added the interface with this method but when I added an operation to the interface popup error messages start to show up and there is a recursion on the interface/operation branch on the model explorer!

Using Ecore Editor is the best way till now.

Re: How I can add an interface to a UML profile [message #634098 is a reply to message #634088] Wed, 20 October 2010 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Could you detail the error message you add on creation of the operation in the interface?

For the model explorer, the recursion is only due to the information displayed: the operation only shows its owner, which is the interface, which displays its owned operations.

Regards
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: How I can add an interface to a UML profile [message #634248 is a reply to message #634098] Wed, 20 October 2010 23:33 Go to previous message
Hi,

I couldn't re-produce the error!!!

Thanks for your support .

Previous Topic:UML Profile for CORBA and CORBA Components
Next Topic:How to create a sequence diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:22:43 GMT 2024