Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » ErrorHandeling\Logging in BIRT
ErrorHandeling\Logging in BIRT [message #632585] Wed, 13 October 2010 13:57 Go to next message
Martijn Cremer is currently offline Martijn CremerFriend

Good day,

I may have a question that has been asked before but I searched a while for an answer but with no real success getting something that's useful. So I am hoping to get hopefully in here a nudge to the right direction.

At this moment I am getting the grips around BIRT and its options/functionality. And have gotten a good working report now. I now forced an error in my report. And now it shows the following error in nice red letters:

Data (id = 427): 
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
    org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, I/O-uitzondering: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection. 

Data (id = 428): 
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
    org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, I/O-uitzondering: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection. 

Now this is all fine and dandy when your developing but you do not want your end user to see a error or a stack trace but a simple page that some thing when wrong. And that the error it self is somewhere logged within the system.

This brings me to two questions. First of is it possible to hide these errors and give the end user (in what ever format he/she ask for the data) a nice clear page with yourown error message.

My second question about logging how can make sure that errors are logged and stored somewhere and is this possible to make the logging write it in to a database table?

hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ErrorHandeling\Logging in BIRT [message #632588 is a reply to message #632585] Wed, 13 October 2010 14:09 Go to previous message
Martijn Cremer is currently offline Martijn CremerFriend

I found that the logs of your develpent is stored in your workspace (<Workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer\logs)

hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
Previous Topic:BIRT Mobile with Eclipse BIRT Runtime 2.6.1
Next Topic:BIRT publishes xml parser an crashes second webapp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:44:20 GMT 2024