Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » custom application configuration file
custom application configuration file [message #632581] Wed, 13 October 2010 13:53 Go to next message
MohanVaradharajan Mising name is currently offline MohanVaradharajan Mising nameFriend
Hi,

i am newbie to eclipse rcp. i need to configure some of the application properties in some properties file.

where should i need to configure those properties file and how to access inside the eclipse rcp?.

thanks in advance....
Re: custom application configuration file [message #632640 is a reply to message #632581] Wed, 13 October 2010 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hello,

I think you'd rather use Eclipse preferences rather than properties files. You can use the plugin_customization.ini to provide a default value to your properties.

HTH,
--
Mickael Istria -- BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/BPM_download.php
Re: custom application configuration file [message #632738 is a reply to message #632581] Thu, 14 October 2010 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MohanVaradharajan Mising name is currently offline MohanVaradharajan Mising nameFriend
hi mickael,

thanks for your reply. here is my scenario...

i have generated the jasper report file which needs to be used in our application.
while exporting RCP Product, the report file will be packed inside jar. it throws file not found exception..

how can we add this report in our application and refer ?
Re: custom application configuration file [message #633189 is a reply to message #632738] Fri, 15 October 2010 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Niculai is currently offline Alexandra NiculaiFriend
Here's something that might help

http:// alexandraniculai.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/getting-a-file-fro m-the-configuration-folder-of-your-eclipse-rcp-application/

Greetings,
Alexandra.
Re: custom application configuration file [message #633298 is a reply to message #633189] Sat, 16 October 2010 06:42 Go to previous message
thank you alexandra. i will check
Previous Topic:Add Save Action into Editor Toolbar
Next Topic:DeferredTreeContentManager Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:21:21 GMT 2024