Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » Modifying UML2 profile makes stereotype references invalid
Modifying UML2 profile makes stereotype references invalid [message #631405] Thu, 07 October 2010 13:12 Go to next message
Jan Gargulak is currently offline Jan GargulakFriend
Hi all,
I easily created my UML profile following this tutorial:
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/uml2/docs/articles/Intro duction_to_UML2_Profiles/article.html

I created a stereotype in the profile. Then I applied this profile on my uml model. I also applied the stereotype on one class from my model.

This worked exactly as I expected. But now I need to add another stereotype to the same profile. After I do it, I must perform the Define action on the modified profile in order to refresh its definition and to make the newly created stereotype visible.

The problem is this. After the Define action, all the existing usages of the old stereotype become invalid. In fact, they completly disappear from the model. This is quite disturbing since I don't want to recreate all the stereotype usages after simple modification of the profile.

Does anyone know any better way of modifying profiles?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2010 13:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modifying UML2 profile makes stereotype references invalid [message #643280 is a reply to message #631405] Mon, 06 December 2010 11:37 Go to previous message
Thomas Neustupny is currently offline Thomas NeustupnyFriend
Hi Jan,

this what I'm currently searching for, too. I'll investigate and post my findings here:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=200206& amp;start=0&S=6e463b1603490f6026fc430941f574ef

Thomas
Previous Topic:Problem in set property value
Next Topic:Types of an UML profile are not recognised
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:58:06 GMT 2024