Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » <XPAND> collaboration diagram
<XPAND> collaboration diagram [message #631367] Thu, 07 October 2010 09:47 Go to next message
arise76  is currently offline arise76 Friend
Hi,

I have model which contains both interaction diagrams i.e Sequence and collaboration diagrams, but I want to define a Xpand template for only sequence diagram, which should not consider the collaboration diagram elements, as both have Interaction uml type. I dont know how can I define reject method for the collaboration diagram for example I have following expression to look into Interaction diagram ( sequence diagram):

<<EXPNAD testTemplate FOREACH eAllContents.typeSelect(Interaction).reject( ???)>>

Best regards,
M.K
Re: <XPAND> collaboration diagram [message #631378 is a reply to message #631367] Thu, 07 October 2010 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

note that you generate on the model and not on diagrams. in both cases you get a uml::Interaction in the model. Is there any reason why you want to distinguish them?

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: <XPAND> collaboration diagram [message #631381 is a reply to message #631378] Thu, 07 October 2010 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI Christian,

Thanx for the reply. my extend function is defined for uml::Interaction and my focus of this query is a sequence diagram and model contains lot of collaboration diagrams and sequence diagrams, when I run my xtend query for uml::Interaction, so I define xpnad template for uml::Interaction, it takes too much execution time, I suppose this because of collaboration diagrams. Is there any way that I only look for sequence diagram not collaboration diagrams in the model.

Best regards,
Re: <XPAND> collaboration diagram [message #631383 is a reply to message #631381] Thu, 07 October 2010 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

one more. the model contains NO diagrams. Diagrams are just a (graphical) representation of the model.

Maybe you can distinguish then on the elements that are contained - but i am not sure about that. you have to look into the uml specification if there is a difference on technical level.

Update: Maybe this is a question for the uml2 forum: how to distinguish an uml::Sequence originating from a sequence and a communcation diagram.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Thu, 07 October 2010 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: <XPAND> collaboration diagram [message #631389 is a reply to message #631383] Thu, 07 October 2010 11:34 Go to previous message
Hi,

There is not much difference in elements in sequence and collaboration diagrams, almost same elements are used. only the messages are numbered. my problem is that in model I have the sequence and collaboration diagram for the same purpose ( I know it is not practically true, we should have either sequence or collaboration diagram) so there exists the duplication of elements, same elements is defined in sequence as well as in collaboration diagram.

I have noticed that all collaboration diagrams names are ending with CD, so for simplicity I redefine my template like this:

«EXPAND testTemplate FOREACH eAllContents.typeSelect(Interaction).reject(e|e.name.endsWit h( "CD"))»

Best regards,
Previous Topic:Passing arbitrary data to Xpand
Next Topic:[JET] Cross Model Association Lost
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:56:16 GMT 2024