Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to start Junit Tests with RemoteRunner outside of Eclipse
How to start Junit Tests with RemoteRunner outside of Eclipse [message #631188] Wed, 06 October 2010 14:08
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi there

While our project has a complex classpath and many system properties we currently need to execute JUnit Tests outside of eclipse. Inside eclipse it is not possible due the long classpath we get an issue on Windows while the whole process parameter is too long.

My idea is now to use a "proxy". e.g. an ant process which executes my Junit tests in the same way as in eclipse. Eclipse should then just show the result from the current running tests in the normal junit view.

The question is how I can achieve that without writing an own junit plugin for eclipse. To execute the Junit runner "RemoteRunner" from command line is possible but eclipse get not notified. I guess the issue the port configuration. When you start the runner with eclipse, it chooses every time a different port 8see below command line example which is generated by eclipse).

Any ideas how I can configure eclipse to use a fixed port?
Of course if you have other suggestions how I can achive the execution of junits with very long classpaths and system properties inside eclipse please let me know.

If you know something about to one of these topics please answer to this thread:
- exists there other graphical possibilities to monitor current junit tests. Earlier in JUnit 3 there was a UI (TestRunner) available. This is in Junit 4 no longer supported. Suggestions about any other tools as eclipse are appreciated.
- configuration of eclipse using always the same, a fixed port for the RemoteRunner
- workaround to pass over system properties and classpath definitions without using the built in command line

In case you execute inside eclipse a Junit Test a follwoing process gets startet. the port "4190" get chosen randomly:

javaw.exe
-Dfile.encoding=Cp1252
-classpath /C:/DevWork/Apps/eclipse3.7/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/b undles/120/1/.cp/;/C:/DevWork/Apps/eclipse3.7/configuration/ org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/118/1/.cp/;/C:/DevWork/Apps/eclipse 3.7/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/119/1/.cp/
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner
-version 3
-port 4190
-testLoaderClass org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestLoader -loaderpluginname org.eclipse.jdt.junit4.runtime -classNames my.test.AllTestSuite

Mayn thanks in advance
Mark

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2010 14:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:class with method 'main' not found
Next Topic:how to change midp profile in eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:24:46 GMT 2024