Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » switchToLaunchBar link not working(switchToLaunchBar link)
switchToLaunchBar link not working [message #630875] Tue, 05 October 2010 12:32 Go to next message
atieq.rehman is currently offline atieq.rehmanFriend
i am working on RCP application and added a link on welcome page as

href="http://org.eclipse.ui.intro/switchToLaunchBar"

on eclipse 3.3.1.1 it works fine
bt on eclipse 3.6 in windows7 64-bit its doesn't work

i actually debug the eclipse as well as my application as both having this functionality..
IntroUrl.switchToLaunchBar() function is being called

and difference is in my case launchBarElement is null...

i used all the default settings of eclipse except the intro page so unable to get the cause of being launchBarElement = null

any suggesstions are welcomed....

thanks in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 06 October 2010 07:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: switchToLaunchBar link not working [message #631122 is a reply to message #630875] Wed, 06 October 2010 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
atieq.rehman is currently offline atieq.rehmanFriend
i got the issue.. and resolved

config element launchBar was missing under or.eclipse.ui.intro.config in plugin.xml
Re: switchToLaunchBar link not working [message #1068085 is a reply to message #631122] Fri, 12 July 2013 03:47 Go to previous message
Jack Clouseau is currently offline Jack ClouseauFriend
Hi,

Well am having the issue with the Intro page. The issue is quite different from yours.

But if you can help me with that, it would be much appreciated.

The issue is, i have implemented the Intro page by extending the IntroPart (my intro page is not HTML or XML based and am using eclipse 3.6). When the application is started, the welcome page is shown perfectly. However when the welcome page is still open, if the user selects the "Open Perspective" from the "Window" menu and selects a perspective to open, the intro page is getting closed but the selected perspective is not opened in the workbench an empty screen is displayed but the perspective is getting updated in the Perspctive shortcut bar.

If you have any questions please leave a reply and any help on this is welcomed.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Eclipse plugin with C++ dlls
Next Topic:How to inherit quick fix behaviour of problems view in custom markers view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:03:29 GMT 2024