Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Error when profiling on tomcat
Error when profiling on tomcat [message #630602] Mon, 04 October 2010 11:08 Go to next message
Fabio  is currently offline Fabio Friend
I'm using tptp 4.7.1 (eclipse helios sr1) on linux x86_64 with the integrated agent controlloer and whenever I try to profile a web application on tomcat I receive the following error in the console view and tomcat crash:
[Error: EC JPIAgent received message (FATAL ERROR): Internal error (see log file).]

I've tried to enable logging by changing the file:
$WORKSPACE_HOME/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.tptp.platform .jvmti.runtime/config/pluginconfig.xml

Now my pluginconfix.xml is as follow:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<PluginConfiguration>
        <AgentControllerEnvironment configuration="default">
                <Variable name="JAVA_PROFILER_HOME" position="replace" value="%PLUGINS_HOME%/org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.runtime_4.6.1.v201009131917/agent_files/linux_em64t"/>
                <Variable name="MARTINI_LOGGER_DIRECTORY" position="replace" value="%JAVA_PROFILER_HOME%/log" />
                <Variable name="MARTINI_LOGGER_LOG_LEVEL" position="replace" value="5" />
                <Variable name="PATH" position="prepend" value="%RASERVER_HOME%/bin"/>
                <Variable name="PATH" position="prepend" value="%JAVA_PROFILER_HOME%"/>
                <Variable name="PATH" position="prepend" value="%JAVA_PATH%"/>
                <Variable name="CLASSPATH" position="prepend" value="%JAVA_PROFILER_HOME%"/>
                <Variable name="LD_LIBRARY_PATH" position="prepend" value="%JAVA_PROFILER_HOME%"/>
        </AgentControllerEnvironment>
        <Variable name="org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.runtime" type="version" value="4.6.1.v201009131917"/>
</PluginConfiguration>

Then I've created the subdirectory log inside the directory $ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.runtim e_4.6.1.v201009131917/agent_files/linux_em64t

But when the agent crash I dont' have any log inside
$ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.runtim e_4.6.1.v201009131917/agent_files/linux_em64t
/log

How can I enable the agent loggin on linux ?

Note: If I try to manually run the integrated agent controller and the SampleClient end everthing is working

Thanx
Re: Error when profiling on tomcat [message #630638 is a reply to message #630602] Mon, 04 October 2010 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabio  is currently offline Fabio Friend
Update....
The agent crash only when I do not exclude all the org.* classes inside the filter set: if I leave the "Default" filter set where the org.* is in exclusion mode the agent don't crash and everything works.

Instead if I remove the "org" exclusion the agent crash with no log.

Cheers!

[Updated on: Mon, 04 October 2010 13:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Error when profiling on tomcat [message #633793 is a reply to message #630602] Tue, 19 October 2010 13:13 Go to previous message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan WestFriend
The log file can be enabled by setting the following system environment variables, and then restarting eclipse/agent controller:

Linux:
export MARTINI_LOGGER_DIRECTORY=/tmp/
export MARTINI_LOGGER_LOG_LEVEL=5

Windows:
set MARTINI_LOGGER_DIRECTORY=c:\
set MARTINI_LOGGER_LOG_LEVEL=5

The name of the file will be Mlog, followed the process ID of the process being profiled. If you are able to provide us a way of reproducing the bug, please open a bug and provide the error log generated by the above variables. Thanks!

Previous Topic:TPTP Beginner
Next Topic:Find log file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:07:58 GMT 2024