Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problem installing palette
Problem installing palette [message #630240] Fri, 01 October 2010 09:54 Go to next message
123star  is currently offline 123star Friend
Hi,

I have a problem with the palette customization: I created a custom palette and imported it in a plugin, it works if I launch the plugin from the workspace, but it doesn't appear when I install the plugin.

Could be some problem of path?

Thank you in advance, 123star
Re: Problem installing palette [message #630246 is a reply to message #630240] Fri, 01 October 2010 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hi,

This is perhaps only a matter of configuration of your build.properties file.

It often happens that we create a 'resource' folder in the palette customization plugin and then put the xml configuration file in it, but the folder is not added to the binary build. As an effect, during the build of the plugin, the configuration file is of course not accessible.

You should try to add your xml configuration file to the binary build of your plugin: open your plugin.xml file => go the the 'build' tab => in the binary build table, add your file.

If it was already checked and so, present in your binary build, perhaps you should check in the error log to see if an error was present.

Cheers,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Problem installing palette [message #630881 is a reply to message #630246] Tue, 05 October 2010 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andres  is currently offline Andres Friend
Hello, I have a problem with palette customization too.
In my case, i make a plugin with my custom palette(for de composite structure diagram), but when i start a new diagram, de thefault palette appears too, and i like that is be hiden from the begining. how could I do this?..

Could I edit my pallete programatically?...I trying to investigate since some days ago from the source in org.eclipse.papyrus.common, and org.eclipse.papyrus.sysmml, but i dont understand.

Andres
Re: Problem installing palette [message #632086 is a reply to message #630881] Mon, 11 October 2010 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Andres,

I wanted to remove the default palettes too, but since I use Papyrus I was told that its not possible for now:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=170070& amp;start=0&S=f81ae78288c59fe7d3033be054da630f

But if you're not using Papyrus you can look here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Newsgroup_Q_and_A#How_to_remove_ zoom_palette_tool.3F
Re: Problem installing palette [message #632118 is a reply to message #630240] Mon, 11 October 2010 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

new problems with palette export...

It worked fine, both executing the plugin from workspace and installing as exported plugin, then I tested the plugin in another eclipse, the one that must be used by default, where other plugins are installed and happened the same issue:

I can see the custom palette if I launch the plugin from workspace, but I can't if I install the exported plugin.

In the other eclipse it works, so I think it's a problem of conflicting plugins, I also checked the build tab in plugin.xml and the palette folder is checked.

The error log only says that:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2010-10-11 17:33:54.625
!MESSAGE Plug-in 'org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common' contributed an invalid Menu Extension (Path: 'diagramMenu/filtersMenu' is invalid): org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common.myShowHideCompartmentActi on

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2010-10-11 17:33:54.640
!MESSAGE Plug-in 'org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common' contributed an invalid Menu Extension (Path: 'diagramMenu/filtersMenu' is invalid): org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common.myShowHideContentsAction

Both with or without my palette plugin.

Other issue: in the other eclipse, where it works, an error appears saying that it can't find an icon resource, in fact the link tool icon is a red rectangle.

Thanks in advance, 123star
Re: Problem installing palette [message #636293 is a reply to message #632118] Sat, 30 October 2010 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andres  is currently offline Andres Friend
Hi, thank for your last answer.
I solve the problem of the red icons in the palette, for do this
when you are building your custom palette, at the time that you add your elements, see the path in the icons property of the problematic elements , and change to other existing path icon.
In my case i have problem for example with role binding element, the path of his image dont have the form platform:/plugin........ i have to change the icon to other, where the kind of path have the form:
plattform:/plugin:......

I have a question, when you make a plugin with custom palette, in the step that you specify the extension point to asociate the palette to an editor, do you specify any class or you just specify the id of the editor?....what class i could specify?...i ask because i have some problem with the id of the editor.

Andres
Re: Problem installing palette [message #636724 is a reply to message #630240] Tue, 02 November 2010 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Andres, for specifying the editor of the palette I use this ids:

for Class diagram: org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.clazz
for Composite: org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.composite

and so on for other diagrams, in the package org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.

You must also specify the provider of the palette, for Papyrus:
org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common.service.PluginPaletteProv ider

in the class field (the tab with name, ID, path, etc..)
Re: Problem installing palette [message #661513 is a reply to message #630246] Fri, 25 March 2011 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio  is currently offline Antonio Friend
Hi!!

I have exactly the same problem. My palettes don't appear when I install the plugin in another Eclipse instance. I've been unable to solve this. Already checked the palette.xml file and was present in the binary build. No errors in error log.
Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Remi Schnekenburger wrote on Fri, 01 October 2010 06:03
Hi,

This is perhaps only a matter of configuration of your build.properties file.

It often happens that we create a 'resource' folder in the palette customization plugin and then put the xml configuration file in it, but the folder is not added to the binary build. As an effect, during the build of the plugin, the configuration file is of course not accessible.

You should try to add your xml configuration file to the binary build of your plugin: open your plugin.xml file => go the the 'build' tab => in the binary build table, add your file.

If it was already checked and so, present in your binary build, perhaps you should check in the error log to see if an error was present.

Cheers,
Rémi

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2011 02:37]

Report message to a moderator

icon4.gif  Plugin containing palette blocked when launched!!! [message #1007838 is a reply to message #630246] Thu, 07 February 2013 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walid Ban is currently offline Walid BanFriend
Hello,
After i launched the plugin containing the palette and when i tested the customized palette by dragging buttons to diagram editor, the application became soooo Slow and after that, it became blocked and it were closed!! An Error log is generated after that!

Could you help me please? I'm using Eclipse Indigo
Version: Indigo Service Release 1
Build id: 20110916-0149

Ppayrus v 0.8.2
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 726.06KB, Downloaded 228 times)
Re: Plugin containing palette blocked when launched!!! [message #1013324 is a reply to message #1007838] Sat, 23 February 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
threiveni h.b. is currently offline threiveni h.b.Friend
hi
I am developing a eclipse plugin for Railway signalling which has to use the tool like papyrus, when i created a custemeized pallete using papyrus i could add my own elements, but i want with different icon which is meant for railway signalling. for that is it possible to add an icon to exixting UML tool which comes while adding new element to the palette?
And could you please guide me how to use that palette to the eclipse plugin?
Re: Plugin containing palette blocked when launched!!! [message #1013439 is a reply to message #1013324] Sat, 23 February 2013 17:00 Go to previous message
Leila A is currently offline Leila AFriend
Dear every one,

I want to create/customize the palette in papyrus. I found a massive repository of plugins here: http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/tags/0.9.0/plugins/ and I have no idea which sub directories are the right ones that I can use to create my own palette Sad

Can you please help me with this?

best regards,
Leila

[Updated on: Sat, 23 February 2013 17:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Diagram not navigable in Kepler
Next Topic:OCL constraints Extension point
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:46:12 GMT 2024