Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Scrolling in Firefox broken?
Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #630162] Thu, 30 September 2010 20:39 Go to next message
Benjamin Wolff is currently offline Benjamin WolffFriend
Hi,

is someone else experiencing scrolling problem with Firefox 3.6.10 and current CVS HEAD version?
It seems that it is not possible to scroll, neither a composite nor a combo etc.
Scrolling works as expected with Chrome and IE8.
Can someone confirm this issue?

Greetings,
Ben
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #630167 is a reply to message #630162] Thu, 30 September 2010 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Ben,
just did a fast test with Controls Demo (CVS HEAD) and FF 3.6.10 under
Windows 7 and everything is working as expected - Combo, Table,
ScrollComposite.... What kind of scrolling problems do you have?
Best,
Ivan

On 09/30/2010 11:39 PM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is someone else experiencing scrolling problem with Firefox 3.6.10 and
> current CVS HEAD version?
> It seems that it is not possible to scroll, neither a composite nor a
> combo etc.
> Scrolling works as expected with Chrome and IE8.
> Can someone confirm this issue?
>
> Greetings,
> Ben
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #630176 is a reply to message #630167] Thu, 30 September 2010 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, that's odd. I should have mentioned that i'm talking about scrolling with the mouse-wheel.
When i select a combobox and try to scroll with the mouse-wheel, nothing happens. when i use
the mouse-wheel scrolling on a scrolled composite with vertical scrollbars the composite just
jerks a bit but does not scroll down.

Am 30.09.2010 22:58, schrieb Ivan Furnadjiev:
> Hi Ben,
> just did a fast test with Controls Demo (CVS HEAD) and FF 3.6.10 under Windows 7 and everything is working as expected - Combo, Table, ScrollComposite.... What kind of scrolling problems do you have?
> Best,
> Ivan
>
> On 09/30/2010 11:39 PM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is someone else experiencing scrolling problem with Firefox 3.6.10 and current CVS HEAD version?
>> It seems that it is not possible to scroll, neither a composite nor a combo etc.
>> Scrolling works as expected with Chrome and IE8.
>> Can someone confirm this issue?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Ben
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #630212 is a reply to message #630176] Fri, 01 October 2010 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ben,
now I can reproduce it with Controls Demo and Table, Tree,
ScrollComposite tabs (Combo works for me). Mouse-wheel scroll works in
IE8, Chrome 6 and Safari, but not in FF 3.6.10. You need to hover with
the mouse over the vertical scrollbar to make the scrolling works.
Please file a bugzilla to keep track on this issue.
Thanks,
Ivan

On 10/01/2010 12:24 AM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
> Hm, that's odd. I should have mentioned that i'm talking about
> scrolling with the mouse-wheel.
> When i select a combobox and try to scroll with the mouse-wheel,
> nothing happens. when i use
> the mouse-wheel scrolling on a scrolled composite with vertical
> scrollbars the composite just
> jerks a bit but does not scroll down.
>
>
> Am 30.09.2010 22:58, schrieb Ivan Furnadjiev:
>> Hi Ben,
>> just did a fast test with Controls Demo (CVS HEAD) and FF 3.6.10
>> under Windows 7 and everything is working as expected - Combo, Table,
>> ScrollComposite.... What kind of scrolling problems do you have?
>> Best,
>> Ivan
>>
>> On 09/30/2010 11:39 PM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is someone else experiencing scrolling problem with Firefox 3.6.10
>>> and current CVS HEAD version?
>>> It seems that it is not possible to scroll, neither a composite nor
>>> a combo etc.
>>> Scrolling works as expected with Chrome and IE8.
>>> Can someone confirm this issue?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Ben
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #630285 is a reply to message #630212] Fri, 01 October 2010 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=326771

I even need to selected a vertical scrollbar by clicking on it to get the mw-scrolling to work. Moreover i cannot change the entries in a combo by selecting it an using the mouse-wheel. Scrolling in the drop-down menu of a combo seems to work.

Greetings,
Ben

Am 01.10.2010 09:25, schrieb Ivan Furnadjiev:
> Hi Ben,
> now I can reproduce it with Controls Demo and Table, Tree, ScrollComposite tabs (Combo works for me). Mouse-wheel scroll works in IE8, Chrome 6 and Safari, but not in FF 3.6.10. You need to hover with the mouse over the vertical scrollbar to make the scrolling works. Please file a bugzilla to keep track on this issue.
> Thanks,
> Ivan
>
> On 10/01/2010 12:24 AM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
>> Hm, that's odd. I should have mentioned that i'm talking about scrolling with the mouse-wheel.
>> When i select a combobox and try to scroll with the mouse-wheel, nothing happens. when i use
>> the mouse-wheel scrolling on a scrolled composite with vertical scrollbars the composite just
>> jerks a bit but does not scroll down.
>>
>>
>> Am 30.09.2010 22:58, schrieb Ivan Furnadjiev:
>>> Hi Ben,
>>> just did a fast test with Controls Demo (CVS HEAD) and FF 3.6.10 under Windows 7 and everything is working as expected - Combo, Table, ScrollComposite.... What kind of scrolling problems do you have?
>>> Best,
>>> Ivan
>>>
>>> On 09/30/2010 11:39 PM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> is someone else experiencing scrolling problem with Firefox 3.6.10 and current CVS HEAD version?
>>>> It seems that it is not possible to scroll, neither a composite nor a combo etc.
>>>> Scrolling works as expected with Chrome and IE8.
>>>> Can someone confirm this issue?
>>>>
>>>> Greetings,
>>>> Ben
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #630342 is a reply to message #630285] Fri, 01 October 2010 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bug has been fixed. I can confirm that it works like charm again.
Great, the rollout of the new version of my program this week is not jeopardized ;)).
Many thanks!!

Greetings,
Ben

Am 01.10.2010 14:13, schrieb Benjamin Wolff:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=326771
>
> I even need to selected a vertical scrollbar by clicking on it to get the mw-scrolling to work. Moreover i cannot change the entries in a combo by selecting it an using the mouse-wheel. Scrolling in the drop-down menu of a combo seems to work.
>
> Greetings,
> Ben
>
>
> Am 01.10.2010 09:25, schrieb Ivan Furnadjiev:
>> Hi Ben,
>> now I can reproduce it with Controls Demo and Table, Tree, ScrollComposite tabs (Combo works for me). Mouse-wheel scroll works in IE8, Chrome 6 and Safari, but not in FF 3.6.10. You need to hover with the mouse over the vertical scrollbar to make the scrolling works. Please file a bugzilla to keep track on this issue.
>> Thanks,
>> Ivan
>>
>> On 10/01/2010 12:24 AM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
>>> Hm, that's odd. I should have mentioned that i'm talking about scrolling with the mouse-wheel.
>>> When i select a combobox and try to scroll with the mouse-wheel, nothing happens. when i use
>>> the mouse-wheel scrolling on a scrolled composite with vertical scrollbars the composite just
>>> jerks a bit but does not scroll down.
>>>
>>>
>>> Am 30.09.2010 22:58, schrieb Ivan Furnadjiev:
>>>> Hi Ben,
>>>> just did a fast test with Controls Demo (CVS HEAD) and FF 3.6.10 under Windows 7 and everything is working as expected - Combo, Table, ScrollComposite.... What kind of scrolling problems do you have?
>>>> Best,
>>>> Ivan
>>>>
>>>> On 09/30/2010 11:39 PM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> is someone else experiencing scrolling problem with Firefox 3.6.10 and current CVS HEAD version?
>>>>> It seems that it is not possible to scroll, neither a composite nor a combo etc.
>>>>> Scrolling works as expected with Chrome and IE8.
>>>>> Can someone confirm this issue?
>>>>>
>>>>> Greetings,
>>>>> Ben
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #890172 is a reply to message #630342] Thu, 21 June 2012 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Casas is currently offline David CasasFriend

I am using RAP 1.5M6 right now... and I thing Firefox Scrolling is not working right with ScrolledComposites... the thing is the speed with the wheel-track is very low, and it only happens in Firefox. IE and Chrome are working propperly... anyone knows what is happening??
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #890351 is a reply to message #890172] Fri, 22 June 2012 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

yes, I'm also experiencing this. It seems to be related, that Firefox now turns on "smooth scrolling" by default. This somehow breaks the scrolling with the scrolled comp with the wheel, as it is very slow. Using the scrollbars by dragging them still works without problems.

Cheers,
Ben

Am 21.06.2012 13:16, schrieb David Casas:
> I am using RAP 1.5M6 right now... and I thing Firefox Scrolling is not working right with ScrolledComposites... the thing is the speed with the wheel-track is very low, and it only happens in Firefox. IE and Chrome are working propperly... anyone knows what is happening??
Re: Scrolling in Firefox broken? [message #890362 is a reply to message #890351] Fri, 22 June 2012 06:38 Go to previous message
Ben,
please file a bugzilla about this issue. We will investigate the cause
and keep you informed about the progress on the bug.
Thanks,
Ivan

On 6/22/2012 9:15 AM, Benjamin Wolff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes, I'm also experiencing this. It seems to be related, that Firefox now turns on "smooth scrolling" by default. This somehow breaks the scrolling with the scrolled comp with the wheel, as it is very slow. Using the scrollbars by dragging them still works without problems.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
>
>
> Am 21.06.2012 13:16, schrieb David Casas:
>> I am using RAP 1.5M6 right now... and I thing Firefox Scrolling is not working right with ScrolledComposites... the thing is the speed with the wheel-track is very low, and it only happens in Firefox. IE and Chrome are working propperly... anyone knows what is happening??

--
Ivan Furnadjiev

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:Draw2D, GEF and Tabbed Properties....in RAP!
Next Topic:View minimized space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:00:31 GMT 2024