Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » home directory wrong in jgit 0.8.4 using fetch
home directory wrong in jgit 0.8.4 using fetch [message #629602] Tue, 28 September 2010 20:35 Go to next message
Steve Maring is currently offline Steve MaringFriend
I downloaded org.eclipse.jgit.pgm-0.8.4.sh and copied it to /usr/local/bin/jgit in my cygwin installation.

I am trying to use org.eclipse.jgit.pgm.Main directly from the maven exec plugin and am using the sh script to debug the commands.

I can clone my project without a problem with either git or jgit. However, only git seems to work when I try a fetch.

$ git fetch origin
Enter passphrase for key '/home/ssmaring/.ssh/id_rsa':

$ jgit fetch origin
fatal: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\cygwin\home\ssmaring\home\ssmaring\.ssh\id_rsa (The system cannot find the path specified)
fatal: git@github.com:smaring/yui-war-overlays.git: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\cygwin\home\ssmaring\home\ssmaring\.ssh\id_rsa (The system cannot find the path specified)

Why does jgit think that my home directory is "c:\cygwin\home\ssmaring\home\ssmaring"?

Is there a way to override this?

Thanks,
Steve Maring
Re: home directory wrong in jgit 0.8.4 using fetch [message #629740 is a reply to message #629602] Wed, 29 September 2010 12:43 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
jgit autodetects the cygwin environment by checking if it can find cygpath.exe under some of the directories defined in the Java system property java.library.path [1]. This is necessary to do proper path translations in the cygwin environment [2].

It obtains the user home from the environment variable HOME which is set by the cygwin environment. If you want to point to a different directory you need to set this environment variable in cygwin to this other directory and then start jgit from this environment.

[1] FS_Win32_Cygwin.java
[2] http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html, section cygpath
Previous Topic:Conflict resolution graphical editor (like subclipse)
Next Topic:Where is git+ssh protocol?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:34:32 GMT 2024