Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Component Diagram
Component Diagram [message #629075] Mon, 27 September 2010 06:48 Go to next message
Angi  is currently offline Angi Friend
Hello,

i have to build a component diagram for my internship. But i can't find it in Papyrus. Is there something or must i use composite structure diagram?

Re: Component Diagram [message #630253 is a reply to message #629075] Fri, 01 October 2010 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
hi,

The component diagram has not been developed in Papyrus MDT project. There is unfortunately no plans to develop one yet, it is not in our roadmap for the next moment.

I am not sure that the composite structure diagram editor could answer your needs, it depends on what you want to describe.

Cheers,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Component Diagram [message #630286 is a reply to message #629075] Fri, 01 October 2010 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

a big automotive firm want to use MDT Papyrus for their Software Development from Embedded Systems.

So they want to build up the system architectur in UML.
In my Internship i have to rate for which development steps we can use MDT Papyrus.

It is hard to use for the system architecturs the composite structure diagram. Because i must create ports for every component. But this is not the system architecture, there are no ports.

Do you have any other tip how i can build it?

Re: Component Diagram [message #630289 is a reply to message #630286] Fri, 01 October 2010 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
For the design of system architecture, I would advise you to use the sysml based diagrams. Read some papers around sysml, you should find nice information.

cheers,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Component Diagram [message #630293 is a reply to message #629075] Fri, 01 October 2010 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think that this are the right diagrams for my problem.
Its just a view about the system architecture, without any functions oder parameters, just : what modules has the system and which are modules outside the system. Not in detail.

Re: Component Diagram [message #630312 is a reply to message #630293] Fri, 01 October 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sébastien Gérard is currently offline Sébastien GérardFriend
Hi,

if you evaluate a UML tool for building architectural-like diagram for the automotive domain, I do not understand why you want to not use ports for connecting entities. Ports are part of the AUTOSAR standard as the mean for conecting AR SWC.

Anyway, if you do not want to use ports for connecting components, you can also draw a connector between two parts of a composite directly without going through ports.

About whoch diagram is better suitabe for your case, I do think composite diagram is the right one. It is the most used kind of diagram in any ADL dedicated to Automitive domain.

Finally, if you are working in the domain automotive domain, may be you should have a look on the work done within the EAST-ADL project in defining the EAST-ADL language which is an ADL for Automotuve domain.

If you are interesting in that EAST-ADL language, we have implemented its profile within Papyrus. You may have information on EAST-ADL and may also download this profile following this link: http://www.papyrusuml.org/scripts/home/publigen/content/temp lates/show.asp?P=146&L=EN&ITEMID=14

Best... Sébastien.
Re: Component Diagram [message #630883 is a reply to message #629075] Tue, 05 October 2010 12:59 Go to previous message
Thank you Sebastien,

my firm does not work with autosar. We build our programs in c. They just want a view about the main architecture. Not in Detail. So there are real no ports and so it's snarly when there are in the model ports.

I just have a internship here. So I don't know about the technical backgrounds....

How do i put it into my Eclipse MDT Papyrus ?
Or is it just for the old Papyrus?

Greats,
Angelina
Previous Topic:problems to build Papyrus, and ask for tutorial or examples....
Next Topic:Problem to download papyrus plugin 1.12-x from http://www.papyrusuml.org/home/liblocal/doc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:03:13 GMT 2024