Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » auto layout algorithm for BPMN diagram
auto layout algorithm for BPMN diagram [message #628762] Fri, 24 September 2010 04:20 Go to next message
vaibhav.ghodake is currently offline vaibhav.ghodakeFriend
Hi,
We are using the gef's CompoundDirectedGraphLayout for auto layout of diagram, but it is not giving the expected result.The look and feel are not so good,.There are so many overlapping and crossing.
Please suggest me any layput algorithm for BPMN diagram which will give me getter result.
Thanks,
Vaibhav
Re: auto layout algorithm for BPMN diagram [message #628795 is a reply to message #628762] Fri, 24 September 2010 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hi,

For our BPMN modeler, we use a GravityConstrainedFlowLayout for the diagram. It is part of GMF runtime, but I think you can use it with any diagram editor (not only GMF-generated ones).

HTH,
--
Mickael Istria -- BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/BPM_download.php
Re: auto layout algorithm for BPMN diagram [message #628814 is a reply to message #628795] Fri, 24 September 2010 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Can you give me sample code how to use it.And we are using only draw2d and gef not gmf.
Vaibhav
Re: auto layout algorithm for BPMN diagram [message #628817 is a reply to message #628814] Fri, 24 September 2010 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

That's all the code we have on this topic: http://www.bonitasoft.org/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=Bon ita+Open+Solution&path=%2Fbonita-studio%2Fbranches%2Fbon ita-studio-5.2.3%2Fplugins%2Forg.bonitasoft.studio.diagram.c ustom%2Fsrc%2Forg%2Fbonitasoft%2Fstudio%2Fdiagram%2Fcustom%2 Fparts%2FCustomMainProcessEditPart.java

GMF provides a lot of additional layouts and figures in the bundle org.eclipse,gmf.runtime,draw2d.ui. You could use them even if your editor is only based on GEF and draw2d.

--
Mickael Istria -- BonitaSoft S.A.
http://www.bonitasoft.com/products/BPM_download.php
Re: auto layout algorithm for BPMN diagram [message #628835 is a reply to message #628817] Fri, 24 September 2010 11:23 Go to previous message
which eclipse i supposed to use for org.eclipse,gmf.runtime,draw2d.ui bundle.Currently i am using eclipse 3.4
Previous Topic:Different Routing for different type of connections
Next Topic:unnecessary command creations during DND
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:21:18 GMT 2024