Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » New project from CVS - ready to Debug?(Checked out PHP code current project not in workspace path)
New project from CVS - ready to Debug? [message #626911] Wed, 22 September 2010 18:24 Go to next message
Iain Houston is currently offline Iain HoustonFriend
This should be quite simple.
I'm missing some basic concept.
I created a new project by New >> Project >> Projects from CVS.
Eclipse downloaded the PHP code (Drupal 7 dev) and a new folder is created in the default workspace.

The PHP Perspective shows the project as:
"> drupal [cvs.drupal.org]" but when I edit the Debug Configuration for a "PHP Web Page" but the problem is that the "Debug" button remains greyed out. (So does the "Test Debug" button).
The Auto Generated URL is correct and the XDebug port 9000 is open on the server's firewall.

The Auto Generated URL is correct when I type in the file I want to start debugging but if I try to Browse for the file in the project files Eclipse shoes an empty set of Project Files and says "No entries available"

Also, when I edit the Server Path Mapping on the PHP Server definition or in the Run Debug Configuration, the "Path in Workspace" remains blank ... but all the code is in the workspace as I have said.

I have been able to start debugging some time ago so I think my XDebug setup i scorrect; previously I set up an Eclipse PHP Debug project in a different way, not using CVS.
What am I missing?

Using Eclipse PDT on Mac OS X to develop and debug Drupal modules on Ubuntu Linux.
Re: New project from CVS - ready to Debug? [message #650871 is a reply to message #626911] Wed, 26 January 2011 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tones is currently offline TonesFriend
I am having what seems to be the same problem, although my project has been created from scratch rather than from CVS.

I've setup PDT and XDebug as best I can. When I try to select a file to debug, no files are listed, even though my project contains several files. I receive the "No entries available" alert.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. How do I get Eclipse/PDT/XDebug to recognize the files in my project??

=T=

[Updated on: Wed, 26 January 2011 23:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New project from CVS - ready to Debug? [message #650879 is a reply to message #650871] Thu, 27 January 2011 00:20 Go to previous message
Tones is currently offline TonesFriend
Interestingly, I'm able to select files AOK when I create a "PHP XDebug Script" instead of a "PHP Web Page". But this just immediately runs the PHP script, without using a webserver.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2011 00:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:helios double-click code selecting
Next Topic:XDebug JIT and duplicate files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:12:53 GMT 2024