Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Compile UML2TOOLS
Compile UML2TOOLS [message #625835] Sat, 24 July 2010 18:41 Go to next message
Andres  is currently offline Andres Friend
Hi, I need extends uml2tools with new diagrams, now I m tring to compile the uml2tools projects, without success.... I DOWNLOAD the source from the cvs, and i dowload all dependencies...
I need help...
Can help me?

Thanks...
Re: Compile UML2TOOLS [message #625838 is a reply to message #625835] Mon, 26 July 2010 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello i`m writing again, to ask if someone has the complete list of jars that i need to compile the source project UML2TOOLs.
As I said in the previous POST, i dowloaded, all the dependencies of the project, but always the ide show me that it needs more jars to compile.

I tried export all the dependencies from update manager too, and import the jars from eclipse plugin folder, but it didnt work neither.

bye
Re: Compile UML2TOOLS [message #625887 is a reply to message #625835] Mon, 09 August 2010 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Waniek is currently offline Christian WaniekFriend
Hi Andres

See http://wiki.eclipse.org/MDT-UML2Tools_How_To_Regenerate_Diag rams_(Alternative) (Wiki article). Hope this helps. Else reply to this post and I'll try to help as best as I can

Regards
Christian Waniek
Re: Compile UML2TOOLS [message #625960 is a reply to message #625887] Mon, 09 August 2010 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot!, this link will help me with diagrams regeneration...
Last week, i can compiled too, but now i have problems to regenerate diagrams...

I share us too a short recipe about the steps that i followed to compile the project, and some problems that i had.

1-Download form eclipse cvs, uml2tools(the head version of
2009/06/19).

2-In eclipse galileo, uses update manager, to download form galileo update site these follows plugins:
(EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework runtime and Tools ,emf, EMF SDK , Graphical Editing Framework GEF,GEF SDK , Graphical Modeling Framework Runtime , Graphical Modeling Framework SDK ,

3-open the dowload project into eclipse(uml2tools), and add in builddependences of the projects, all plugin folder of eclipse galileo,and for exaple from findjar.com load this jars:

jars:
forms-3.3.0.jar
ide-3.5.0.jar
junit-4.7.jar
ppc-3.3.0.jar
resources-3.3.0.jar
swt-win32-3.0m8.jar
tabbed-3.3.0.jar
text-3.3.jar
ui-3.5.jar
views-3,2.jar
workbeanch-3.5.0.jar
x-86-3.3.0.jar

4-Some classes of the uml2tools projects, are missing.
is necessary create some classes:

-class StructuredActivityNode_StructuredActivityNodeContentPaneComp artmentItemSemanticEditPolicy

-class ActivityPartition_StructuredActivityNode_StructuredActivityN odeContentPaneCompartmentEditPart extends ShapeCompartmentEditPart
in org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.activity.edit.parts package.

-class public class ActivityPartition_StructuredActivityNode_StructuredActivityN odeContentPaneCompartmentCanonicalEditPolicy extends CanonicalEditPolicy
in package org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.activity.edit.policies

-class public class ActivityPartition_StructuredActivityNode_StructuredActivityN odeContentPaneCompartmentItemSemanticEditPolicy
in package org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.activity.edit.policies;.

The source code of these class could be obtained from http://grepcode.com

5-Download from source code of project uml2, fodler org.eclipse.uml2.uml/models
and from gmp project, folders org.eclipse.gmf.gmfpraph/models and org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notaion/models.

6-Make plugin folder in uml2tools source,
and stores the packages/folders download in step 5(org.eclipse.uml2.uml/models,org.eclipse.gmf.gmfpraph/model s and org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.notaion/models).
Re: Compile UML2TOOLS [message #625961 is a reply to message #625960] Tue, 10 August 2010 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Waniek is currently offline Christian WaniekFriend
Hi Andres,

1- ok

2- I downloaded and installed the dependencies without the update manager, but this also should work

3- usually youn shouldn't have need for services like findjar.com, or anything like this. If there are missing jars you are missing some plugins. Or your target platform doesn't offer these plugins. maybe you should checkk this.

4- do you have an operating system which limits the length of pathes? if so the missing files couldn't checked out because storing them on your hard disk failed due to too long filenames. I checked out to c:\MDT\, this works very wel

5- I don't know why you need this?

6- dto.

To build your own U2T release (a quick way, without using PDE-Build):
- Create an Update Site project
- Create a category and add the org.eclipse.uml2-diagram feature
- Click build
- Wait some minutes
- you'll find all u2t jars in the subfolder plugins of the update site projects. So you can install them manually (copy & paste) or you can use the update manager

Regards
Christian Waniek
Re: Compile UML2TOOLS [message #625964 is a reply to message #625961] Wed, 18 August 2010 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, we have followed the steps of your tutorial, and we could compile with success but changing the version of emf (didn´t work with emf 2.6 but works with emf 2.5), but we still have problems regenerating the diagrams. Is strange because the problems are in the diagrams code, so to resolve them we should change the uml2tools source code and this don´t seem to be a good solution.
May be we still have problems with versions, we are currently using:

Uml2tools source 2010-07-17

- Eclipse gtk 201006080911
-EMF 2.5.0
-Query 1.4.0 R201006151000
-Transaction 1.4.0 R201006151000
-Validation 1.4.0 R201006151000
-OCL 3.0.0 R201006141954
-UML2 3.1.0 R201006071241
-GEF 3.6.0 R201006161000
-GMF 2.3.0 R201006151000
-Operational QVT 3.0.0 R201006151231

so:
-windows 7 and windows xp

eclipse:

can you help us again?
Re: Compile UML2TOOLS [message #625967 is a reply to message #625964] Fri, 20 August 2010 01:18 Go to previous message
Hi,

we are not having problems with the version of emf as we state in last post, but we still have problems regenerating diagrams.

In particular the problem is when we select the option of 'create generator model ' (right click in any file .gmfmap). We select the option ignore validation problems, but at the last step, when the wizzard ask to specify transformation options we tried all the combinations posibles, but always throw the error message:
org/eclipse/gmf/mappings/ExpressionLabelMapping

We really need to make the regeneration work in order to start our university proyect.
It would be very helpfull if you could give us any suggestion or something to try... because we are stucked.

If you prefer to send us a mail write to mailto:apastorini@gmail.com or mailto:sofialc2@gmail.com
Previous Topic:Compile UML2TOOLS
Next Topic:How to add an existing class to a diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:15:08 GMT 2024