Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Infocenter Authentication
Infocenter Authentication [message #624490] Fri, 03 September 2010 08:30 Go to next message
Matthias is currently offline MatthiasFriend
Hi,
my Infocenter is up and running, also I'm only able to connect to my Infocenter by logging in with my external Browser.

When I connect to the infocenter with my Eclipse RCP I can't access the help. I want the Eclipse RCP to ask the user for login like the external webbrowser or another possibility to automatically transfer the username and password. SSL is not necessary.

I've searched a bit and found this http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/platform-help-home/ infocenter_secure_access.html?view=co but these extension points do not exist (heard tomcat isn't used internal anymore, instead jetty?) and also some bug-entries which didn't help me.

Is it possible without rewriting everything?

Thanks in advance
Re: Infocenter Authentication [message #624491 is a reply to message #624490] Mon, 06 September 2010 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has nobody a clue how to make a secure infocenter?
Re: Infocenter Authentication [message #624492 is a reply to message #624490] Thu, 09 September 2010 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have updated my IDE to Helios and since the new update it can connect to my hostet infocenter.

Now the question is, which plugin of my rcp do I have to update to get the same functionality? (Login Dialog on Infocenter connect / SSL connection) I can't update everything because it's a rather huge project.

Thanks in advance
Re: Infocenter Authentication [message #624493 is a reply to message #624492] Fri, 10 September 2010 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: h.grosse-plankermann.iks-gmbh.com

Hi Matthias,

just a wild guess:
Looks like the functionality you are looking for went to
org.eclipse.equinox.security
Perhaps the extension points provided by this plugin can be helpful.
Especially org.eclipse.equinox.security.loginConfigurationProvider and
org.eclipse.equinox.security.loginModule look promising to me.
Hope that helps a bit.

Regards,

Holger

Am 09.09.2010 14:36, schrieb Matthias:
> I have updated my IDE to Helios and since the new update it can connect
> to my hostet infocenter.
>
> Now the question is, which plugin of my rcp do I have to update to get
> the same functionality? (Login Dialog on Infocenter connect / SSL
> connection) I can't update everything because it's a rather huge project.
>
> Thanks in advance
Re: Connect with an RCP-application to an Infocenter using SSL [message #624537 is a reply to message #624490] Fri, 10 September 2010 07:36 Go to previous message
Thanks for your help Holger!
It's not the right plugin but this doesn't matter anymore because when I update some plugins I need to update a lot more because of the dependencies.
I will suggest to move the targetPlattform to Helios but for now it seems that I cannot do more.

Regards,
Matthias
Previous Topic:Setting the default help home page
Next Topic:activate output of org.eclipse.help/debug/context without IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:30:07 GMT 2024