Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Examples » Basic example???(Eclipse tool)
Basic example??? [message #624389] Wed, 22 September 2010 04:56 Go to next message
Ashokkumar is currently offline AshokkumarFriend

Hi
I have an tcp monitor jar file and trace jar file. How to
provide the link between these two jar. bcoz these two
jar files are separate window. How to get trace window
configuration(set by user) through tcpip.

Note: Tcp monitor listener port getting input from another
GUI(Trace window).
Re: Basic example??? [message #626743 is a reply to message #624389] Wed, 22 September 2010 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
This is not enough information. I don't understand what you're trying to
do. Please try to give more information.

Wayne

Ashokkumar wrote:
>
> Hi
> I have an tcp monitor jar file and trace jar file. How to
> provide the link between these two jar. bcoz these two
> jar files are separate window. How to get trace window
> configuration(set by user) through tcpip.
> Note: Tcp monitor listener port getting input from another
> GUI(Trace window).
Re: Basic example??? - Eclipse Extension with TCP [message #628377 is a reply to message #626743] Thu, 23 September 2010 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Wayne,

I have given a little more detailed description below.

I have created a customised trace window(which is what i said as Trace jar) using RCP command template(Under Sample Menu creation). Which probably gets user inputs that has to be transferred to an external tool(Hardware Driver).

Monitor jar is a TCP monitor window(Java application with TCP configuration options) which is used to communicate with remote applications.
Please refer the below link for more information.
http://charithaka.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-use-tcpmon-ins ide-eclipse.html

I want to communicate with an external tool using TCP protocol. So i am looking for a way to interface my Trace window with Monitor window so that i can make use of the Monitor window's TCP options to communicate with the external tool(which also has support for TCP protocol).

Even i would be interested to know if i can directly add TCP interface to my Trace window so that i can communicate with the external tool without the help of Monitor window.

Please provide with a good Example or a link which explains eclipse extensions handling TCP protocol.

Looking for you response,

Thanks & Regards,
N. Ashokkumar.

Re: Basic example??? - Eclipse Extension with TCP [message #628398 is a reply to message #624389] Thu, 23 September 2010 12:10 Go to previous message
Hi Wayne,

I have given a little more detailed description below.

I have created a customised trace window(which is what i said as Trace jar) using RCP command template(Under Sample Menu creation). Which probably gets user inputs that has to be transferred to an external tool(Hardware Driver).

Monitor jar is a TCP monitor window(Java application with TCP configuration options) which is used to communicate with remote applications.
Please refer the below link for more information.
http://charithaka.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-use-tcpmon-ins ide-eclipse.html

I want to communicate with an external tool using TCP protocol. So i am looking for a way to interface my Trace window with Monitor window so that i can make use of the Monitor window's TCP options to communicate with the external tool(which also has support for TCP protocol).

Even i would be interested to know if i can directly add TCP interface to my Trace window so that i can communicate with the external tool without the help of Monitor window.

Please provide with a good Example or a link which explains eclipse extensions handling TCP protocol.

Looking for you response,

Thanks & Regards,
N. Ashokkumar.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2010 06:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Missing WYSIWYG P JSP Palette
Next Topic:Repopulating a table in the dialog on checkbox selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:26:47 GMT 2024