Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » mathml in Infocenter
mathml in Infocenter [message #624170] Tue, 08 June 2010 18:38 Go to next message
David Rawlins is currently offline David RawlinsFriend
Hi,

I have created some xhtml help files containing mathml equations from a Word document using MathType. If I open these files using a browser, they display correctly, but if I include them in the eclipse Infocenter, they do not. I'm assuming the problem is that the Infocenter is serving the files as html as opposed to xhtml. Is there a way to tell Infocenter to serve the pages as xhtml?

Thanks,

Dave
Re: mathml in Infocenter [message #624176 is a reply to message #624170] Wed, 16 June 2010 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
daus salar is currently offline daus salarFriend
Hi David,

I have the same problem and wonder whether you found a solution. I looked in the eclipse help for XHTML in help and found

http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/guide/ua_help_content_xhtml.htm

But it does not work for me. I also tried to open my generated Infocenter in Firefox, but it also did not work.

I think the index.jsp must indicate that there is xhtml code, but I do not find a way to let it do so.

Daus
Re: mathml in Infocenter [message #624177 is a reply to message #624176] Wed, 16 June 2010 15:30 Go to previous message
David Rawlins is currently offline David RawlinsFriend
Hi Daus,

What version of Eclipse are you using? Note that the help page you are referring to has changed for Galileo:

http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse platform.doc.isv/guide/ua_help_content_xhtml.htm

Are you able to test your User Assistance plugin by clicking the link "Launch an Eclipse application"? If so, make sure Firefox is your default browser and in the launched eclipse go to Preferences > Help and select "Open help contents in an external browser". If that works then I suspect there is a problem with the command you are using to start the Infocenter.

Cheers,

Dave
Previous Topic:in standalone help system,Search don't work for me
Next Topic:Cheat Sheets in Menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:18:14 GMT 2024