Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » turn off infocenter banner validation?
turn off infocenter banner validation? [message #623871] Thu, 18 February 2010 23:31 Go to next message
Morley Tooke is currently offline Morley TookeFriend
Hello,

Is there any way to turn off infocenter banner W3C validation?

I'm trying to incorporate a banner in my infocenter that implements a javascript menu. I know that the menu works in a regular web browser (it's being used by our corporate web site), however, in my Eclipse infocenter, I get validation errors.

I didn't create the banner, it was given to me by somebody else - otherwise I would fix the errors.

Thanks in advance.
Re: turn off infocenter banner validation? [message #623875 is a reply to message #623871] Mon, 22 February 2010 18:28 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Morley Tooke wrote on Thu, 18 February 2010 18:31
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to turn off infocenter banner W3C validation?
>
> I'm trying to incorporate a banner in my infocenter that implements a javascript menu. I know that the menu works in a regular web browser (it's being used by our corporate web site), however, in my Eclipse infocenter, I get validation errors.
>
> I didn't create the banner, it was given to me by somebody else - otherwise I would fix the errors.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Whether or not W3C validation occurs depends upon two things:
a) Your web browser and
b) The <!DOCTYPE> element in the html for the page being displayed.

Are you running an Eclipse based application and opening help using Help/Help Contents or are you starting an infocenter and then entering the URL of the infocenter in a web browser? If so which browser are you using?
Previous Topic:Recognizing new plugins
Next Topic:Welcome page with dynamic content (contentProducer?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:35:50 GMT 2024