Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Creating permanent search scopes in Infocenter?
Creating permanent search scopes in Infocenter? [message #623853] Thu, 14 January 2010 19:59 Go to next message
Quinn Dupont is currently offline Quinn DupontFriend
Is it possible to create a permanent search scope in the Infocenter without cracking open the guts?

Further, can anyone explain to me how the search scope mechanism works? I see that it gives the user a cookie with some search scope information in it, but is that all?

If I was to artificially create cookies of the correct format could I give these to the user (through some client-side javascript) and thus pre-configure search scopes for them?

Thanks,
Quinn
Re: Creating permanent search scopes in Infocenter? [message #623863 is a reply to message #623853] Wed, 27 January 2010 17:41 Go to previous message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
Right now there is no way to do this. In Eclipse 3.6 an extension point will be added which will allow a product to add predefined scopes which will scope not just search results but also the table of contents and index. I wouldn't recommend trying to recreate the internal data structure used in the cookies because that is likely to change between releases to make it more compact.
Previous Topic:Re: Infocenter indexing hangs
Next Topic:Questions about using the Eclipse Help as standalone infocenter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:17:18 GMT 2024