Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [MWE] Update to 0.8.0 problem
[MWE] Update to 0.8.0 problem [message #621978] Sun, 10 January 2010 15:17 Go to next message
Michèl Pohle is currently offline Michèl PohleFriend
Hello Everybody!

I was trying to update my installed MWE 0.7.2 to Version 0.8.0M4 using the description given at ekkescorner (http://ekkescorner.wordpress.com/eclipse/update-sites/). However, when I try to update using Eclipse's "Install New Software", I get an error like the following for every item:

> Artifact not found: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.source,0.8.0.v20100109 1919.

Stacktrace:
Quote:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: file:/{pathToUnpackedUpdateSite}/emft-mwe-Update-0.8.0M4-N20 1001091919/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.mwe.utils.source_0.8.0.v2 01001091919.jar
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.RepositoryStatusH elper.checkFileNotFound(RepositoryStatusHelper.java:289)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.FileReader.checkE xception(FileReader.java:352)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.FileReader.sendRe trieveRequest(FileReader.java:326)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.FileReader.readIn to(FileReader.java:263)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.RepositoryTranspo rt.download(RepositoryTransport.java:71)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.RepositoryTranspo rt.download(RepositoryTransport.java:127)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:468)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:451)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:518)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:507)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:563)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningUtil.performProvisioningPlan(ProvisioningUtil.java :389)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ofileModificationOperation.doExecute(ProfileModificationOper ation.java:61)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.operations.Pr ovisioningOperation.execute(ProvisioningOperation.java:37)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.ui.ProvisioningO perationRunner$1.run(ProvisioningOperationRunner.java:94)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Session Data:
Quote:
> eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
> java.version=1.6.0_0
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
> Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product
> Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.modeling.product

I tried using the alternative Hudson build with the same results (the error message shown is actually from the Hudson build). Trying to manually extract the file that was not found from an archive in the same directoy with the same name plus ".pack.gz" would also produce an error. The md5 sum of the zipped update site is correct, however.

I'm using Eclipse Modeling Tools, Build-ID: 20090920-1017 on an Ubuntu machine.

Any help as to why this doesn't work and how I can make it work would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Michèl
Re: [MWE] Update to 0.8.0 problem [message #621982 is a reply to message #621978] Mon, 11 January 2010 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

Hello Michèl,
just tried to install https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/Modeling/job/cbi-emft- mwe-0.7/209/artifact/build/N201001091919/emft-mwe-Update-N20 1001091919.zip as local archived update site with:
eclipse Version: 3.5.1
Build id: M20090917-0800
Xtext, Xpand and MWE 0.7.2
WindowsXP

... and it works. :?

Instead of a local zip you can use the remote p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/mwe/updates/milest ones/

Or even better: http://download.itemis.com/updates/milestones/

Best regards,
Dennis.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Re: [MWE] Update to 0.8.0 problem [message #621983 is a reply to message #621982] Mon, 11 January 2010 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michèl Pohle is currently offline Michèl PohleFriend
Hey Dennis,

thank you for the link to the remote repository. Using it, I was able to update MWE. Odd still, that it doesn't work with the local site.

Anyway, after update, my workflow wouldn't run and instead it apparently won't find the workflow runner.

Quote:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
> at org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.<clinit>(WorkflowRunner.java:66)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:319)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294 )
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:264)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332 )
> ... 1 more
> Could not find the main class: org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner. Program will exit.

Probably I made some error during updating, but I can't look deeper into that, since it was decided to add an ANT workflow to the MWE one (with which I can also solve the problem because of which I wanted to use 0.8.0), so I don't have the time or need anymore to look for the error and will continue using MWE 0.7.2. Sorry for the trouble.

Still, thanks a lot for your fast help!

Best regards,
Michèl
Re: [MWE] Update to 0.8.0 problem [message #622006 is a reply to message #621983] Thu, 14 January 2010 19:05 Go to previous message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

Hi Michel,
just check that your generator project has a resolved plugin dependency
to org.apache.commons.logging and org.eclipse.xtend

Best regards,
Dennis.

Michèl Pohle schrieb:
> Hey Dennis,
>
> thank you for the link to the remote repository. Using it, I was able to
> update MWE. Odd still, that it doesn't work with the local site.
>
> Anyway, after update, my workflow wouldn't run and instead it apparently
> won't find the workflow runner.
>
> Quote:
>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
>> at
>> org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner.<clinit>(WorkflowRunner.java:66)
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
>> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
>> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:319)
>> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294 )
>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:264)
>> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332 )
>> ... 1 more
>> Could not find the main class:
>> org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner. Program will exit.
>
>
> Probably I made some error during updating, but I can't look deeper into
> that, since it was decided to add an ANT workflow to the MWE one (with
> which I can also solve the problem because of which I wanted to use
> 0.8.0), so I don't have the time or need anymore to look for the error
> and will continue using MWE 0.7.2. Sorry for the trouble.
>
> Still, thanks a lot for your fast help!
>
> Best regards,
> Michèl

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Previous Topic:[MWE] Update to 0.8.0 problem
Next Topic:[EMF Compare] error in standalone version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:12:42 GMT 2024