Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Migrating Eclipse 3.2 Help system to 3.3 - language packs
Migrating Eclipse 3.2 Help system to 3.3 - language packs [message #614391] Tue, 27 May 2008 16:02
Conor O'Mahony is currently offline Conor O'MahonyFriend
Hi,

I am currently using Eclipse 3.2.2 for an RCP application (which uses the Eclipse Help System) and
am looking at migrating to Eclipse 3.3.

The application supports 6 languages (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese), and in
3.2.2 the Eclipse language packs were used to provide translations for the Help Viewer.

1. Has anyone used the Project Babel language packs for the 3.3 Help Viewer? The status of the
project is still in Incubation and there is a disclaimer saying that it doesn't provide full
translations for Eclipse so I was wondering if anyone had used them in a commercial application. (I
did install the translations from the update site and it looks that the help plugins have been
translated).

2. Are there any other issues that anyone is aware of with the Help Viewer when migrating from 3.2.2
to 3.3? Does the format of the documentation or associated files need to change in any way?

Many thanks,
Conor
Previous Topic:Removing the 'question mark' in the wizard
Next Topic:Problem with Help indexing when Compass is involved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:50:11 GMT 2024